Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I reached out to Drunkmann Tuning to do an eTune for my Juke. After the absolute horrible job from 2J and the tune that caused a sporadic but persistent P0101 and stuttering while accelerating and injector cutout at higher speed/rpm, I had had enough dealing with 2J and had almost gotten rid of my Juke. There's more info in this thread. Well now I'm almost fully tuned by him not even 1 week after purchasing his services.

I got my 4th tune file from Anthony "Drunkmann" yesterday. Flashed it this morning and went for a couple WOT pulls. The previous revision we kinda overshot a little bit. 21psi and we were getting some knock around 4500rpm. This last revision was better. WOT and cruising or light acceleration are buttery smooth, absolutely no hiccups or stutters. Have not experienced the P0101 that was sporadic but persistent with my 2J tune or the stuttering. All of this done in FWD mode, Sport mode, VDC completely off (press and hold traction control button for 10 seconds till light turns off), and all WOT pulls were in sim-third gear which is 1:1 (well +/- 1%). He's off today, but tomorrow he'll get the 5 maps filled out. I've requested a completely stock 12psi map with no timing or fuel correction, a 16psi map to match a Nismo RS, a 20psi power map, an "eco" or valet map at spring pressure 7psi, and a won't start map.

Drunkmann Tuning knows his stuff. I was surprised with just the first tune revision even though it was only running spring pressure. I couldn't really tell any difference with the loss of 5psi boost. He was able to tweak the MAF, timing, and fuel delivery perfectly to match the mods I have, especially the intake.

The map kind of looks like this (based on the most recent data log):
18psi by 2800rpm
20psi by 4000rpm
21psi around 5000-5200rpm (peak boost)
18psi by 5800rpm (naturally tapering due to small turbo)
AFR ranges from 10.8 to 11.8 during WOT
Ignition timing starts at +4* and at 6000rpm it's up to max +10*
injector duty cycle is 26%-33% averaging about 30% through the power band 4000rpm-6000rpm
30mph to 75mph in about 8 seconds

I would recommend him regardless what your tune goals or mods are. If you decide to go with him for an eTune, tell him the Juke in Reading, PA from PSI Proformance (@Macgyver ) and the Juke from Wisconsin (me) recommended his eTune.

His website is: https://www.drunkmanntuning.com
You'll notice he does not list the Juke or even UpRev as a supported platform, but he does know both of these. You'll want to reach out to him before hand to confirm and "get in line" since he does quite a few eTunes. I already had the cable and license so I didn't have to buy anything except his services. On his website scroll down to the PayPal link and on the page that pops up select the eTune option. I paid $350. I'd say it is definitely worth that.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Post a link to his website to help people better find him

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Also, you mind sharing how much the drunk man charged you to tune in and if it includes a new liscence or not

·
Super Moderator
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Updated first post with the info.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Great thanks!

·
Super Moderator
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
8 days and I have a complete tune, 5 maps, and one huge smile. If you take away the time we emailed back and forth to set things up and measure from the time I sent payment, it took 8 days.

15 hours from time of payment to the first base tune then a day to two for each revision. Now granted I had a stretch of amazing weather in there that allowed me to get out and data log almost every night, but still, this is amazing how fast Drunkmann works. And at no time did I feel that either he or I were rushed. We had a lot of discussion back and forth and got everything worked out.

·
Super Moderator
10,133 Posts
Thats what he does. He Tunes. He is certainly no JV or 2J.

Hows the Juke ?

·
Super Moderator
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
It drives amazing. Cruising around at city or highway speeds feels nice, WOT pulls on highway on ramps are smooth and fun, and just a blip of the throttle even at highway speeds push you a little firmer into the seat. I just flashed the final tune with all 5 maps but haven't driven on all of them yet, just the 20psi performance. Went with the following maps: a 20psi performance, 16psi performance (similar to a Nismo RS), a 12 psi bone stock, an "eco" mode geared for fuel economy, and a doesn't start (fuel injectors disabled). My goals were to get more power with the mods I have and to make it a fun car. I'm not winning any awards, nor looking for the most powerful Juke. If I had to guess, being a bit conservative, I'm MAYBE pushing 210hp and 200lb-ft torque. I have no way of measuring and I may never know. I should be able to almost keep up with my friend's Golf GTI though.

·
Super Moderator
10,133 Posts
Being HAPPY and Satisfied is all that you need. The CVT is amazing when you floor it at speed so rolling. It is so fast.

You dont need anything more than one Map. 20psi for life.

I hope Anthony got the CVT to function well and not do anything that gets reported here.

What did he do for Fuel economy ? He said no to me as its a MAF car and fuel trims etc cannot be changed much to impact MPG.

·
Registered
2012 Juke SV AWD CVT
30 Posts
If I go with drunkmann tuning, what do I need to buy from UpRev? Just the cable?

·
Super Moderator
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@WarCow Cable and license. You’d have to check their website because I think there’s a package that includes both. You don’t need any of the etune sessions from UpRev.

·
Registered
2012 Juke SV AWD CVT
30 Posts
I've checked the site and the only license that I see is the "re-flash license" which says:
"UpRev Re-Flash License - For those with multiple cars and that are in need of additional UpRev Re-Flash license " $300

or

"upRev Standard includes: 1 Interface Cable, 1 UpRev Re-Flash license, 1 Base Tune, and 3 eTune adjustments" $550

The cable by itself is $225.

·
Super Moderator
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You want UpRev Standard. But you won't be using any of the 3 etune adjustments from them. You could, but that's what Drunkmann Tuning will be doing.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Maybe I can't find it, but where is the Juke supported on the "Model" on the UpRev Website. I don't get how you order it online otherwise. If somebody can screen shot it I'd appreciate it.
Thanks.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Go here.

·
Super Moderator
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Yep, Juke is listed in the core models under the UpRev Standard page. Also check here and search for Juke, it shows all the models and transmission type supported. Unfortunately they don’t list trim level so you have to search for your Juke’s last 5 characters in the ECU part number.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Go here.

Thank you @Southerncross, I was looking for this link too, as John Visconti no longer supports 350Z platform, much appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
10,133 Posts
Wow. No 350Z for JV. Wonder why. Juke will be next. Haha

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
265 Posts
1 - 20 of 69 Posts