Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the window wouldn't go up or down. I took the door panel off and pulled the 3 bolts holding the window motor out so I could reach in and maneuver the motor to pull the 3 cross head screws from the winding housing picture 304220 which houses the magnet. I pulled the 3 screw, pulled the magnet ff and exposed the winding. The winding wouldn't turn easy at all. I found that it was bottomed out. I turned it and unscrewed it about 10 or so turns and then put the magnet "silver 304220 housing' back on, plugged the window switches back in and the window worked normally. Just an FYI post for those who have the same problem.

·
Super Moderator
10,139 Posts
Oh jeez great debug.

What will keep it happening again ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh jeez great debug.

What will keep it happening again ?
I don't know, I guess over time it turns itself down where it wont spin. I bet the few threads I've seen who replaced the motor could have fix it themselves. When I hit the switch you could here it click so I knew the switch was getting power to the motor. I decided to open it up since I was going to order a new motor anyway (wanted P/N off the motor) and wanted to see if it was something simple. I'm glad I messed with it. Its easy and you cant mess it up, dropping one of the 3 screws down into the door would suck. I unscrewed the winding all the way out and then screwed it back in, and then turned it out 10 or so times s it coulds spin each direction easily. I probably should have unscrewed it to the max where the housing would just go back on. Under power it needs to spin each way UP/DOWN, mine was stiff and would not move when I first grabbed it.
With the screws out you have to give the housing a tug because its the magnet and it holds tight.

·
Super Moderator
10,139 Posts
Thanks for the forum input. SO much appreciated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts