Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 2011 Juke and the Driver's side wiper does not work. The passenger side still works, and if I hold the passenger side wiper the driver's side does move. I have tried tightening the bolt with no luck. Does anyone have any other advise what may be the problem? Someone had suggested just to replace the wiper arm, but I cannot understand what that would solve, and since the driver's side does move if I hold the passenger's side, I am at a complete loss. I'm no a mechanic so my knowledge is very basic. But as we are entering the season for snow (and had our first snowfall today) I am even more concerned.

·
Administrator
12,032 Posts
We have a 2011 Juke and the Driver's side wiper does not work. The passenger side still works, and if I hold the passenger side wiper the driver's side does move. I have tried tightening the bolt with no luck. Does anyone have any other advise what may be the problem? Someone had suggested just to replace the wiper arm, but I cannot understand what that would solve, and since the driver's side does move if I hold the passenger's side, I am at a complete loss. I'm no a mechanic so my knowledge is very basic. But as we are entering the season for snow (and had our first snowfall today) I am even more concerned.
It is pretty easy to take off the Cowl. The black plastic under the wiper blades. A couple of plastic poppers and some pinch molding. Then you can see what is going on.

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
^^^ Mac nailed it.
easy peasy. pop the cowl off and it's likely the little bushing guy broke and the arm that connects the two has fallen off. If one works and the other doesn't, there isn't even a mystery where the problem is: it's the linkage.

Reactions: Macgyver

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
easy peasy. pop the cowl off and it's likely the little bushing guy broke and the arm that connects the two has fallen off. If one works and the other doesn't, there isn't even a mystery where the problem is: it's the linkage.
Thank you both. Unfortunately I have been in the hospital and have not been able to further investigate. I am still in the hospital with hopes of being home before thanksgiving. As my internet access is very spotty here, can someone tell me, if this is the problem, what are we looking at, cost wise?

·
Registered
72 Posts
My 2012 had an issue where the splines had stripped somewhat that the wiper arm pops on to and under heavy load (snow) the driver side wiper quit moving a few years ago. After re-tightening it still would quit functioning every so often even in normal use. Put a good dose of Loctite on the splines, put the wiper arm back on, tightened things down and haven't had an issue since. However I am careful to be sure and clear the windshield of snow. But no issues in close to two years overall since that fix.

·
Administrator
12,032 Posts
Thank you both. Unfortunately I have been in the hospital and have not been able to further investigate. I am still in the hospital with hopes of being home before thanksgiving. As my internet access is very spotty here, can someone tell me, if this is the problem, what are we looking at, cost wise?
It is hard to say. Maybe two hours of labor. $250-$500 ? depending on parts needed. Shop labor is not cheap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts