Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got to drive the Juke the other day, and as others have said it feels great! Lots of stares from other drivers on the road as well.

As with any turbocharged car there is a bit of lag, but completely acceptable for the overall fuel economy you're getting in that type of car.

PLENTY of room in the cabin, I'd say the driver's seat is as big/comfortable as a full size SUV or sedan. Nothing feels "cheap" even though some reviews have said the dashboard doesn't feel too up-class. The i-con system is really neat, and switching from economy mode to sport mode is fun. I'm not sure what the turning radius is, but it felt confident while parking.

I was probably most impressed with it's performance in acceleration and handling. I didn't push it too hard, but the ride felt smooth and confident. Overall a really fun and comfortable car to drive under $25,000 and I'll be purchasing one when I can afford it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I listened to the radio, it sounded good in the SV model. I'm not an audiophile by any means so I'll have to reserve that judgement for someone more capable.

I didn't notice any blind spots, and there is some great visibility out of the side view mirrors. I don't know if it's indicative of just sitting up higher than what I'm used to, but the side view mirrors are pretty big.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yesterday was "Juke Date" day for some dealers near me here in Germany. So we decided to check it out. After a little wait time, we were able to do a very short test drive (15-20 minutes), because the next customer was already waiting.

It was a black Tekna (this is the top model in Germany) with 2WD, turbo and manual gears.

I really like the look of the car and the short drive was overall pleasant. I thought the acceleration was OK, but I probably should not judge this, coming from an Audi TT with 10 more HP and less weight. Compared to this one, the Juke felt slow, but that's OK for me.

I also tried the navigation system, put an USB stick with MP3 music into the radio and tried to pair my Palm Pre via Bluetooth. This all worked OK, however the navigation display looks really cheap and cannot compete with the stand-alone systems that you get now for little money, let alone such systems from other cars, that are of course much more expensive.

The radio controls had a bit of a cheap feel also. Nissan should have done better on that.

Likes: Look, rather large and flat(!) trunk (when folding the rear seat), comfort.

Dislikes: Sub-average navigation, electronics feel cheap, gear box is not very precise.

Also, I did not like the dealer (or the sales man, to be precise). He was very arrogant, explained the start button to me as if I was a 6 year old (I am over 40) and offered me a really ridiculous trade-in price for my Audi TT (he did not take in account any extras). Also, he did not really try to offer me the possibility to test drive ANY Nissan car with CVT (I want a car with automatic gears). They did not have any, but maybe they will get a Qashqai (I think that's the Rogue in USA) at the end of November...

Tomorrow, I will check out another dealer. Maybe this one is more friendly and more dedicated.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I always recommend people deal exclusively with the dealerships INTERNET SALES DEPARTMENT, and when you arrive at the dealership, to ask for those people helping you online when you decide to go offline and venture into the dealership. We're usually well educated, internet savvy, offer the lowest prices, and you don't get insulted as much ;).

The Audi TT is a nice car, but only 1 in 100,000 are buyers for that niche model, so that offer you got was probably based on a wholesale value to ensure the dealer doesn't lose money if they have to hold it until next year, when buyers return in the spring, and when the value will be much less than now.

Something to think about. Sorry, you got a jerk... it wouldn't happen here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts