Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,139 Posts
kinda huge different for me on experiencing these 3 modes,
've only use eco mode less than 10 times in the pass half year with my juke...
most of the time using normal mode & recently fall in love with sport mode all the time :ROFLMAO:
fuel consumption got no diff for me on all 3 modes. probably i got bad driving habit hahha

driving in eco mode makes me feel d car is so heavy n slow in everything, steering response, throttle response..everything. its exactly the feels of driving my previous qa16de fully stock n16 sentra.
while normal mode, meets every daily needs and smoother control compare to sport mode

i still remember when i just got my juke, i was a bit tension to drive sport mode in daily busy city,
considering its quite a big jump for me from lightly moded b14 & stock n16 to a turbo f15,
the throttle is obviously much more sensitive compare to normal mode, i feel like not confident enough to control it in heavy traffic. until then, after a few months with it, im now fall in love with the fast & direct response in sport mode, even the steering response too. only change to normal mode when trapped in massive traffic jam.
Oh for sure. Sport mode is fun. It just sucks you have to switch it all the time.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
How come the car doesn't keep in memory what mode you were driving in and always reverts back to Normal? I've been in other cars that stay at whatever mode you last had it in but Jukes never do that. The other thing that bothers me is why is there no auto lock button on the passenger side? And why didn't they install a light in the back seat?

·
Registered
35 Posts
How come the car doesn't keep in memory what mode you were driving in and always reverts back to Normal? I've been in other cars that stay at whatever mode you last had it in but Jukes never do that. The other thing that bothers me is why is there no auto lock button on the passenger side? And why didn't they install a light in the back seat?

probably rear seat for display purpose only thus never expect to have passanger and need brighten up:LOL:

·
Registered
66 Posts
I wish mine would remember what mode I was in. That’s the main reason I don’t use sport mode as much, and because it encourages bad habits lol. But I have a MT, so one thing I notice for the different modes in my case is that each mode has different sensitivities towards engaging the clutch. So, eco you have to use more gas than sport and normal to comfortably engage the clutch, and sport you use a lot less. So, sport is ideal for stop-n-go traffic because you don’t have to put a lot of effort into getting the clutch engaged. I honestly haven’t found much of a use for eco, other than its like putting a choke collar on to keep from driving like I want to. Eco slips more in wet weather for me (it rains a lot here), makes highway entrance harder, traffic is more frustrating, mpg doesn’t really get any better, and on and on. So the main thing I look at is how its treating my clutch. Normal and sport, in my opinion, treat the clutch better. Normal has had the best response in wet weather for me, for some reason. Both in eco and sport I get a lot of slippage.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts