Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Vendor
983 Posts
Unbolt the downpipe, remove the turbo, remove the downpipe.

You need an impact gun and some long 1/2 drive extensions with universal pivot sockets to make life easier.

Reactions: Aziz

·
Vendor
983 Posts
@FastReligion i see a build on your website of a 246 whp cvt built.

How's the cvt transmission doing on that?

Aiming 230 lt ft at wheel too.

Thanks
That cvt failed, as stated in the build page we had warned them it was going to at some point.

our shop juke is making 267 awhp, and is going onto its 4th CVT in 5 years. We do not recommend doing big power or big turbos on CVT vehicles. They do not last. The only reason we keep ours the way it is, is because we can replace a cvt in an afternoon, and it allows us to test certain CVT functions and limitations that we would not want to risk doing on customer vehicles.

·
Registered
Juke Cvt fwd stage 1 195whp no mods
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dammnnn

If Im not hard at all on the pedal at 230 wtq (just cruise from start until the boost comes in at 3k to 4k rpm).

Do you think my cvt can last with this driving style.

·
Vendor
983 Posts
No. It will not. Torque is what kills CVT's. Anything over stock is seriously reducing the over-all reliability of the transmission. Anyone who says you can have a Juke CVT reliably make power is selling you snake oil.

Reactions: Aziz

·
Registered
Juke Cvt fwd stage 1 195whp no mods
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dammnn ok thank you

hope we have some automatic replacement for that cvt in the future..

Sadev can fit but that's on another league.

·
Administrator
12,969 Posts
No. It will not. Torque is what kills CVT's. Anything over stock is seriously reducing the over-all reliability of the transmission. Anyone who says you can have a Juke CVT reliably make power is selling you snake oil.
The Only CVT with power that I know of is @slcjuke and he changes the CVT fluid at every engine oil change ? So 4-5k.

Reactions: Ausjuk33

·
Registered
775 Posts
Transmission still works.....

Babied? No but not driven hard in recent years.

Save your money, time, and mental state by not even modding a CVT Juke at all. Literally the most I would ever do to your car is an axle-back exhaust and wheels and coilovers lol

Waste of time, bum platform

·
Registered
775 Posts
Sorry, I say bum platform but really just talking about the trans

Reactions: Ausjuk33
1 - 14 of 14 Posts