Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came across this interesting comment from a consumer review at Edmunds. I wonder what their experience was?

Suggested Improvements
Daytime running lights, power seats, don't let dealers sell until they know more about it
2011 Nissan Juke Consumer Review

There certainly is a lot of new tech on this car. It's my understanding that Nissan offers training--to their salespeople, I guess, but I sure HOPE to their mechanics! I had in mind talking to whoever was going to be fixing these things at my dealership.

I think I'm going to need driving lessons. Never driven a turbo; never driven an AWD, and it's been . . . a long time since I've taken any drivers ed. I wish they offered updated driving lessons (not just "defensive driving") for adults. I'd like to take some lessons in emergency handling and stuff.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
I have tried to break the tires loose on some on-ramps today when it was raining and I couldn't do it successfully. Car held the corners really well. The one time it did feel like it might get loose, it immediately righted itself before I could do anything. I don't think you will need any special classes. After all, you are a woman and we only expect so much...lol. :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
lol, I'm sure you drive just fine.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I expect Violet won't be testing the limits of her car on a public road. Not because she's a woman, but because she's smarter than that. :cool:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Believe me, anybody lurking in these threads and doing any research on their own will know more about the Juke than the dealer sales staff. That should change with time I hope.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
That's the truth. 3 dealers 5 salesman and none knew anywhere near what I knew about the different models and options. Absolutely AMAZING how you can have and sell something you know NOTHING about. I had one salesman that tried to tell me that if you press the SPORT button it will immediately engage the turbo like nitros...lol. It was hard not to chuckle. :D

Believe me, anybody lurking in these threads and doing any research on their own will know more about the Juke than the dealer sales staff. That should change with time I hope.

·
Registered
17 Posts
When I go to buy my Juke, I vill let the salesman do the talking to see what he knows and tries to sell me. If I let on that I already know a lot about the Juke, it won't be as entertaining!

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
You are correct. Maybe you will also be shown the magic SPORT button to engage the Turbo.

When I go to buy my Juke, I vill let the salesman do the talking to see what he knows and tries to sell me. If I let on that I already know a lot about the Juke, it won't be as entertaining!

·
Registered
41 Posts
One of the dealers told me they had a White SL AWD manual 6 speed in the back. When we walked to the car he was shocked that it wasn't AWD.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
I found it very sad that I couldn't ask my salesman any Juke specific questions. He could only help me with pairing the blue tooth and the radio modes and presets.

One of the dealers told me they had a White SL AWD manual 6 speed in the back. When we walked to the car he was shocked that it wasn't AWD.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Meh. I hate when they try to teach you about the car. Usually they're wrong and you have to go to the manual anyhow. Better to go there first and ignore the salesmonster.

·
Registered
56 Posts
i understand sales rep not knowing sh$#...but ive ran into the sales manager himself trying to sell me the juke so i asked the question.. " what does change when i press the sports mode?" his response is suspension adjust for a sporty feel..." so i was like wow thats like a high end benz feature in the juke.. then walked out and went back to my yaris. lolz

·
Registered
82 Posts
I had more than 1 salesman try to find me a manual in the S, even though I told them I didn't think it was available - which is what I learned from revieiwing the different trims on the Nissan website.

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
uhhh bought the car just without even spoken to one salesman at all.
never driven other then nissan, so no salesman can tell me what to get or what is on it :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
As the topic said, "Don't let dealers sell until they know more". I think this is the correct topic I want to talk about the dealers who is selling without knowledge. :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts