Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Magnussen Moss warranty act protects consumers, and the dealership has to prove that any modification was the direct cause of the issue. The burden of proof is on the dealer. If your dealership tried that with me, I would sue the crap out of them. Since it is a repeated violation of Federal law, I would find other people and do a class action.

SEMA provides resources to support consumers who modify their vehicle.

What this guy said!!

·
Banned
55 Posts
Lol yeah good luck on the suing process lol. That’s why Nissan started marking sensors because all it took was one idiot doing DIY with a gtr claiming this and that. Magnussen Moss warranty act don’t work anymore Buddy.

Your chances are better bringing donuts and coffee to butter up the process. To much freedom bro, all it took was one chump and nope that was it for warranties.

·
Banned
55 Posts
Just unplug the MAP and Throttle body for a few hrs and re plug. Then schedule a service date at a Nissan dealership in the service center. Start a movement w/ followers bro (holding first in the air) lol
Try the Magnussen Moss warranty act
thought on your car thought, see if it works and let me know. Cross fingers thought.

Hope they warranty your vehicle thought. Like I said all it took was one chronic consumer with a gtr and thing changed. Best of luck buddy. Seriously start a movement (power to you)

·
Registered
414 Posts
For me It’s a easy 700$ repair with Nissan provided reflashing software......
For me it’s an Easy 600$ Service job due to a customer unplugging certain sensors.......
So how much are they charging so I’m prepared? I changed my own turbo weeks ago and like an idiot never unplugged the battery, and I’m sure I unplugged a tons of sensors... Worse thing I got was a dirty MAF sensor code!
How long does it take to show symptoms?

·
Registered
509 Posts
So how much are they charging so I’m prepared? I changed my own turbo weeks ago and like an idiot never unplugged the battery, and I’m sure I unplugged a tons of sensors... Worse thing I got was a dirty MAF sensor code!
How long does it take to show symptoms?
Do a fuel trim reset. IF the MAF code persists you need to diagnose that single issue. I am telling you right now (as will millions of other car enthusiasts/technicians) you do not need to get your ecu reprogrammed when you unplug something. I will go fire up a juke right now in my yard, unplug the oxygen sensor, map sensor, maf sensor, throttle. let the car kill itself. Plug them back in and take the car for a ride with no issues. Do you think Nissan would really want it to work that way? You know how MANY warranty claims it would lead to, and how hard it would make doing any sort of basic diagnostic work? lol

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Just unplug the MAP and Throttle body for a few hrs and re plug. Then schedule a service date at a Nissan dealership in the service center. Start a movement w/ followers bro (holding first in the air) lol
Try the Magnussen Moss warranty act
thought on your car thought, see if it works and let me know. Cross fingers thought.

Hope they warranty your vehicle thought. Like I said all it took was one chronic consumer with a gtr and thing changed. Best of luck buddy. Seriously start a movement (power to you)
Consumers need to take their rights back, as it is clearly written in law. Corrupt service centers are taking advantage of people who do not know any better. If people stand up, I am pretty sure there are enough people who have been screwed over at one point or another that it could make justice come down hard. Just because you got away with it until now doesn't make it legal or ethical. Punitive damages for a repeat offenders could easily be in the millions. BTW, what dealership do you work for?

·
Registered
509 Posts
Consumers need to take their rights back, as it is clearly written in law. Corrupt service centers are taking advantage of people who do not know any better. If people stand up, I am pretty sure there are enough people who have been screwed over at one point or another that it could make justice come down hard. Just because you got away with it until now doesn't make it legal or ethical. Punitive damages for a repeat offenders could easily be in the millions. BTW, what dealership do you work for?
Ive had customers I've installed big turbos on bring their Jukes to dealerships for services and recalls before, all that was said was "HOLY ****....but why?" lol. ****, I did diag once on a transmission of a GTR with a tune, upgraded intercooler and full exhaust, tranny was acting up, we covered it under warranty. The place this guys works at sounds like one of those crappy dealerships who does not give one single frack what the customer wants/needs haha

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Ive had customers I've installed big turbos on bring their Jukes to dealerships for services and recalls before, all that was said was "HOLY *....but why?" lol. *, I did diag once on a transmission of a GTR with a tune, upgraded intercooler and full exhaust, tranny was acting up, we covered it under warranty. The place this guys works at sounds like one of those crappy dealerships who does not give one single frack what the customer wants/needs haha
Service departments like that are criminal and a threat to the hobby we love. In the long run, this is a threat to people's enthusiasm about cars overall. And it is so flagrant that something needs to be done. They will have a hard time finding a jury that doesn't have someone who was screwed over by a dealership in the past, unless the do not drive.

I am sure there are ethical service departments out there, but I've experienced enough bad ones that earn the nickname "stealership." So many are willing to take advantage of people who do not know better. I will not let friends go in without me there to back them up or at least to go over the estimates before they commit to having work done. I wish there was a legitimate centralized list of the good and bad.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Uhh guys it was a joke because he quoted 2 separate costs! And I fixed the MAF code by cleaning it and no other problems have arose....

Reactions: squirtbrnr

·
Super Moderator
1,729 Posts
Yeah this "Nissan tech" bulldog guy is a joke. What's funny is what he claims can only be done at a Nissan dealership (most likely with Consult III) sometimes has a non-Consult III method. Idle air re-learn, throttle position closed, drive cycles, etc can all be done by a process outlined in the FSM.

·
Super Moderator
10,527 Posts
sarcasm is lost on the internet lol But, for anyone else looking for help who stumbles upon this thread now they have the info XD
Yeah but you got a MAMBA now....... ;)

·
Banned
55 Posts
I’m stating what I see at work but everyone is welcome to try it. Just be prepared to get your warranty revoked. Think about it really , do you think voluntary alterations that you physically did your self to any new leased vehicle would not jeopardize factory warranty? Even performance shops don’t offer warranty on parts that are sold for “off-road” , specially if you DIY.
Try it and let me know if I’m a Joke ;-)

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I've had recall work and service done, no problems with mods in full sight. I didn't try to hide anything, but if you can understand that a recall is basically the factory volunteering to pay for that specific work order, then it's not relevant to modifications or not. A warranty claim, well that isn't the factory volunteering anything, the owner has to make their case with the dealership.

·
Banned
55 Posts
A recall is different. With a recall their exist legitimate paper trail to mandate and do the job no questions asked. As long as the vehicle mileage from the ECM and cluster match.

Even if you roll into the bay with a jellapy on 3 good wheels with a donut as a 4 wheel. With 20,000 on a recall, recall has to be done period. Nissan won’t deny it since legitimate paper trail exists.
Now of you come into a bay with a riced out vehicle w/ upgraded turbocharged and big 36” fmic claiming it does not operate. That’s different, and the owner should have some common sense. Once you voluntary alter a vehicle with off-road parts of any kind warranty will not be honored period.

·
Super Moderator
1,729 Posts
How do you do a "fuel trim reset"?
easiest way is pull the negative cable off the battery, pump the brakes a couple times to activate the stop lamp and drain residual charge in the ECU, then connect it back up. Works every time.

Reactions: Nismo Offroad

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
The Off-Road Use Only disclaimers deal with basically 2 things: lack of CA emissions approval and removal of liability. For example, I encouraged Matt to put the disclaimer on the bumper bar replacement to avoid any potential lawsuits from people getting into a crash.

Federal Law clearly states that you can not void a warranty unless the person offering the warranty can prove that an aftermarket part is the direct cause of the issue. Criminal activity on the part of dealership service departments needs to be stopped. They may have gotten away with it largely till now, but VW got away with cheating on emissions until they didn't, predatory lenders prior to the housing bubble bursting and they were cracked down on, Ponzi schemes, harmful pharmaceuticals, etc. People get away with criminal activity until they don't anymore. So many people have been screwed over by dealerships that it would be easy to get public support for a crackdown.

·
Banned
55 Posts
You cannot do that with out software. If you attempt to do it manually you better prepare replace the HP fuel pump in the front of the engine compartment (small fuel pump by the coolant line onto of the cylinder head). Also once you start trimming and playing around with fuel calibration the vehicle will run lean and you risk compromising both catalysts and both o2 sensors.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts