Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Nissan Juke SL
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've seen people recommending this battery on this forum, but when I went to Amazon I see this:

Line Font Tool Gas Screenshot

Has something changed in this battery recently, or is Amazon wrong? Hopefully someone here has installed this exact model recently can confirm whether it works fine in a 2011 Juke.

Never mind, I found it. The product name to search for: "Optima Batteries OPT8040-218 D35 YellowTop Dual Purpose Battery".

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I hope you have a KILLER audio system as you don't need a deep cycle battery for our little cars. Why do you want an almost $300 battery?

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Unfortunately, Optima developed a great product, brand, and reputation. Then they sold. Now they are of average to above average quality, but with the top tier price point. There are better options for your juke. Mainly, you want a group 35 (hence the D35 type) and AGM.

Personally, I bought mine based on price & warranty. I purchase the Duralast brand from Autozone because I was able to get it on sale + $20 off for first time online account purchase. I think it was around $150-160ish with 3 year warranty.

Go to the store and load that product up on your phone and ask if they will install it (for free). Then buy it online with whatever promo you can and pickup at that store.

Let them install and sell you their anti corrosion kit if you desire.

The reason these don't fit is because they are smaller (technically shorter) than OEM. You will need an extra base/spacer under it, about 1 to 1 1/2 inch. Or you will need a handfull of washers. When they go to screw the tie-down brace back in, they will run out of threads, hence the need for spacer block or washers. But it DOES fit... it's just a lowrider.

Good luck!

edit: I've recommended this multiple times previously:

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
I'd go AGM for sure, but skip out on the Optima. If you want to spend a ton on a battery get an Odyssey. The military uses them, they have a strong reputation.

Duralast Platinum is a totally competent AGM and costs a good chunk less.

·
Registered
2011 Nissan Juke SL
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the insights. My battery is still good but it's 4 years old, so I'm just doing preliminary research into a replacement.

P.S. The $150-160 price you got it for is a good deal because Autozone is selling it for $210 + $22 "core charge" now.

·
Administrator
12,032 Posts
Thanks for the insights. My battery is still good but it's 4 years old, so I'm just doing preliminary research into a replacement.

P.S. The $150-160 price you got it for is a good deal because Autozone is selling it for $210 + $22 "core charge" now.
If you are in a garage. Get a trickle charger. They can greatly increase the life of your battery if you dont drive it everyday.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts