Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i keep hearing about people putting nitrogen in their car and how its a million times better than regular air that you get at the gas station. i was wondering is it worth the $20/avg that shops charge to fill up your tires?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I am not sure I would do this. Not that it is bad its more if I need to refill tires I need to find a dealership that will stock nitrogen.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thanks for the article. I was really debating doing this to my car but you just help me save $20. Its not a lot but still thats $20 I can put towards something else. I'd just rather regularly check my tires pressure and refill it for free.

·
Registered
88 Posts
i filled up my truck with nitrogen 2yrs ago and havent needed to refill since.

every vehicle i own including my girlfriends jeep has nitrogen...

then again it was only $8 not...$20... and if you do have nitrogen you can just add regular air if you need to top off....

·
Registered
631 Posts
A lot of dealerships have been putting in nitrogen to charge a bit more (you know how they love to nickel and dime you). I even heard that sometimes they use the excuse that the pressure sensors need it to last longer. Not sure if it's true, but it tends to make sense....i guess. Even at 8 bucks a tire I'm not seeing the benefit for myself. Maybe at 8 bucks to fill all of them and I'd be on board.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I am not sure I would do this. Not that it is bad its more if I need to refill tires I need to find a dealership that will stock nitrogen.
You can mix in regular air if your tired are filled with Nitrogen. Our "regular air" is already 78% Nitrogen anyway. :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
A lot of dealerships have been putting in nitrogen to charge a bit more (you know how they love to nickel and dime you). I even heard that sometimes they use the excuse that the pressure sensors need it to last longer. Not sure if it's true, but it tends to make sense....i guess. Even at 8 bucks a tire I'm not seeing the benefit for myself. Maybe at 8 bucks to fill all of them and I'd be on board.

lol it was $8 to fill all of them, sorry $2 a tire...

·
Registered
88 Posts
i noticed that dealers are charging for nitrogen filled tires... and its not a small cost they charge like $90... they are crazy!!!!

if i go to pick up my juke and there is a $90 charge for nitrogen im not paying for it screw that... why would i wanna pay $90 if i know it cost $8... stupid

·
Premium Member
5,105 Posts
i noticed that dealers are charging for nitrogen filled tires... and its not a small cost they charge like $90... they are crazy!!!!

if i go to pick up my juke and there is a $90 charge for nitrogen im not paying for it screw that... why would i wanna pay $90 if i know it cost $8... stupid
Its amazing how many people get suckered into this nitrogen filled tires BS at all believeing it makes a difference! LOL

·
Registered
777 Posts
.25 cents is the operating cost per tire out of one of these machines. Someones making alot of money when they sucker you into filling your tires with it :)

·
Registered
195 Posts
My dealer wanted like $300 for it when I bought the car off the lot. I LOL'd in the guy's face.

There is no discernible driving benefit to nitrogen filled tires in a streetcar. Best case scenario you will notice less pressure drop during cold temperatures.

I wouldn't pay more than $15-$20 or so for a full fill up of Nitrogen. Just not worth it, to anyone.

·
Registered
119 Posts
alot of the larger dealerships are doing this now. the dealer i work at does not. the nitrogen does give a nicer ride, and it it will not lose pressure like standard air in the tires does with temperature change. BUT if you actually bend at the waist and check your own tire pressure when a tire lite comes on and dont rush on in to a dealer complaining my tire lite is on, boo hoo. and have a tech waste valuable time putting air in your tires for you. you should be fine with just running air. just get an accurate (not always the most expensive one) tire guage and keep the pressure at 34 to 36 psi on nissans and you should be tire lite free unless there is actually a faulty sensor.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Where did you get that number from?
Right from the manufactures of the nitrogen tire filling machines websites. Thats what there telling the dealers there approx cost is, then the dealers know they can rip you off, and make money doing the nitrogen fills. Of course you still need to do a volume of cars to keep it to that .25/tire to pay for the machine.
If you also look at some other sites, it shouldnt cost more then 3 bucks a tire, consumer price, and that includes profit to the dealer to fill a tire. Myself I stick to air, its free :D

·
Registered
119 Posts
im not going to get into another pissing match with you over this, its just not fun anymore. the only reason i said that is it was what we were told at training, and i have driven a gtr with factory nitrogen filled tires, and another gtr with aftermarket wheels same size tires with air in them, and the ride was different a bit softer, not as rough over bumpy surfaces. and if any of you has ever driven a gtr, you know they have a very stiff ride, almost uncomfortable. they say the 2012 will be a bit more comfortable, but we have not recieved one yet.

·
Registered
48 Posts
im not going to get into another pissing match with you over this, its just not fun anymore. the only reason i said that is it was what we were told at training, and i have driven a gtr with factory nitrogen filled tires, and another gtr with aftermarket wheels same size tires with air in them, and the ride was different a bit softer, not as rough over bumpy surfaces. and if any of you has ever driven a gtr, you know they have a very stiff ride, almost uncomfortable. they say the 2012 will be a bit more comfortable, but we have not recieved one yet.

unless theres pictures, it didnt happen. lol

1 - 20 of 34 Posts