Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Juke Nismo RS AWD
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve found a good deal on a Tanabe front strut but I’m now concerned about clearance for the engine cover as ideally I’d like to keep it as-is for aesthetics but still have the ability to remove it if need be.

I’ve got the option of either the Tanabe or the Cusco strut if the Tanabe has issues, personally I do prefer the thicker look of the Cusco and from images it appears to give slightly more clearance over the cover but does anyone on here have one installed that can give some feedback? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Might help:

Ultimately, the forum search i used, if you want more info:

Personally, I have the Tanabe and injen SRI and Injen upper intercooler hard pipes and I had to remove my engine cover at some point. I'm pretty sure it was the strut bar.

·
Administrator
11,613 Posts
I think all strut bars will clear it.

·
Registered
2015 Juke Nismo RS AWD
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It’s not so much the clearing I believe most will clear the cover, what I’m concerned about is being able to remove it once it’s fitted, if the engine cover is pinned under the strut unable to be taken off it won’t really be any good to me.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
With the Tanabe Strut tower bar if you need to get underneath the bar you can detach the bar from the strut mounts without actually having to remove the mounts. It is easy to detach and makes it more convenient to work with than other strut tower bars where you have to remove the entire bar.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
My Injen strut brace has decent clearance. I haven't needed to remove the engine cover but pretty sure I could

·
Registered
166 Posts
I’ve found a good deal on a Tanabe front strut but I’m now concerned about clearance for the engine cover as ideally I’d like to keep it as-is for aesthetics but still have the ability to remove it if need be.

I’ve got the option of either the Tanabe or the Cusco strut if the Tanabe has issues, personally I do prefer the thicker look of the Cusco and from images it appears to give slightly more clearance over the cover but does anyone on here have one installed that can give some feedback? Thanks!
I have the Injen strut bar, I can easily remove the engine cover.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts