1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
611 Posts
Damn the new light looks much brighter than the stock one. Probably because of the lighting in the upper part. By the way, I couldn't help but notice that clip popper tool that was left under the cargo tray.

Also, did anyone else have a moment when Forced Induction played? :cool:

·
Registered
611 Posts
There's no light in the upper portion, but it seems like the light from the bottom part spreads upwards into the upper portion, making the upper portion look like it's lit up. Looks much better than the old one. For such a tall taillight, I always felt the old taillight was a bit weak with that tiny blob of red light at the bottom.

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
The new taillights definitely look brighter. Is it really necessary to remove the interior trim? Couldn't you pop out the rubber grommet and then get access to the plug?

·
Registered
27 Posts
The new taillights definitely look brighter. Is it really necessary to remove the interior trim? Couldn't you pop out the rubber grommet and then get access to the plug?
Will give this a try once they get here, hopefully sometime this week. Will post some pictures as well.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Damn the new light looks much brighter than the stock one. Probably because of the lighting in the upper part. By the way, I couldn't help but notice that clip popper tool that was left under the cargo tray.

Also, did anyone else have a moment when Forced Induction played? :cool:
I was withMatt when he was doing this, we made bets as to how long it would take someone to notice the clip removal tool hahaha i win!

The harness plug is secured to the chassis under the interior trim, so you have no choice but to pull the trim back

Also, matt did not show putting the two bolts back in, as he did not want to damage the lights, as they where not his and needed to be shipped out in the new condition he had gotten them in.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I need to stop waiting to order these...I just want them right now. lol.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just got my delivery confirmation for these today, 430 can't come soon enough lol. Will post some pics when they're installed. And nurdi, thanks for taking care of my lights haha, Matt asked if I would mind if he used mine for his video :) Was glad to see no extra wiring was involved.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just finished putting them in, wanted to share with everyone. Loving the black accent on top of the light. Install was a breeze thanks to matts video! Let me know what you guys think.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
These look great, might have to do this later on down the line!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Order mine from courtesy parts. $207 with tax picked up. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Noob question: is there any way to mod the existing tail light and get the top part to light up? piggyback an LED?

probably been asked a thousand times before....just curious since it does look a lot better.

gracias

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just finished putting them in, wanted to share with everyone. Loving the black accent on top of the light. Install was a breeze thanks to matts video! Let me know what you guys think.
hey JukenNismo,

I realize there's a video that shows the headlights in action but would you mind recording a video walkaround w/ the lights? no worries if it's a pain in the *** but i would love to get a more detailed look of the 15' tail lights in action.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts