Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I really don't know a lot about cars so forgive me for sounding stupid 馃檮. I've not had my 68 "juke long & not driven it much at night as I've been off work & only just returned. So tonight I had to de-ice the front window & the car was on & I noticed whilst walking round the front that the headlights & marker lights are different colours. The headlights are the yellowy colour & the marker lights are the bright white ones. I don't remember seeing this difference when I've seen other Jukes so wondered if the bulbs had been replaced at some point or if this is how they are? Can I replace the headlights with the white ones so they look the same & if so what size are they? Sorry for not knowing the technical names for the different types of bulbs, as I say, I really don't know a lot about these things.

Thanks (y)

Premium Member
Headlights are halogen bulbs, which are slightly yellow in nature.
Gators utilize LEDs, which are pure white output.
You can't make your gators halogen... and you can't put LEDs in your headlights (legally or consciously)... so you're stuck with the mismatch unless you spend money for a proper projector swap so you can safely and legally run either an LED projector or an HID projector.
To make them match closer and still remain safe/legal, you can hit up your local auto parts store for some fancy halogen bulbs, like Sylvania Ultra SilverStars or whatever those nonsenses are called now. They'll be like $75 or something and they'll at least be a much more appeasing cooler white rather than your current warm white setup.

This has been discussed a ton previously on the forum, btw. Like, ad nauseum. Partially why I don't come on here any more. :-X

Super Moderator
you can hit up your local auto parts store for some fancy halogen bulbs, like Sylvania Ultra SilverStars or whatever those nonsenses are called now. They'll be like $75 or something and they'll at least be a much more appeasing cooler white rather than your current warm white setup.
And they鈥檒l last maybe a year at best with regular use.

Registered
2014 Nissan Juke Nismo
And they鈥檒l last maybe a year at best with regular use.
its true the last for about a year to year and half. Been running them for a while. But they do match the leds so I鈥檓 content with the 60 bucks a year.

Super Moderator
And always replace in pairs even if the other bulb looks fine. Provides more even lighting.

Premium Member
There is an OEM Xenon kit Nissan made, comes on the better equipped Jukes in Japan standard. It's a nice kit, the ballasts are built into the headlight housing and they have a nice white light that perfectly matches the LEDs. They are a really worthwhile upgrade. They come and go in availability and price but I paid $400 for mine. They are a full new headlight so you'll need to pull your bumper.

I have no idea why Nissan decided to bone everyone else with a halogen in the 2015+ projector assembly. I'd guess it came down to some regulatory factor they didn't want to pay for.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts