Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I found this info very helpful when I bought my mazda 4 years ago. Essentially, sharing your dealership experience so prospective buyers have an idea where to go or avoid.

Toronto, Ontario

St. Clair Nissan - Freakin' awesome! very professional, courteous, threw in extras, kept me updated on scheduling, and great customer service

·
Registered
466 Posts
Autoway Nissan of Brandon FL

The sales guy we bought ours from was very helpful and a nice guy.

However I am not too impressed with the service department so far, I had the first oil change done and the receipt says they put 5W30 in it not 10W30. The service adviser swears that they put 10W30 in it but wrote 5W30 on the ticket.

Knowing how a service department works, I'm sure the lube tech probably just put what ever type of oil that was written on the repair order into the car.

·
Registered
271 Posts
While I think these types of topics are best for regional sub-forums, I am glad to see this here and will post (brag) about my dealer.

Nashville (Brentwood, Franklin, etc), TN

Action Nissan

They went ABOVE and beyond what I expected. I highly credit this to Brent Adams who runs the place, but he has a great sales, F&I and service staff (yes, my Juke was already in for service) working for him. They went out of their way to get me the vehicle I wanted and find me a good deal on financing (my credit is not so great right now). They are very honest and will not play the "stereotypical games" that most people expect of dealers. AFTER I had signed my deal they came back to me and told me that they had secured better financing for me! (and yes it was legit, I even had my lawyer review the contracts, everything was the same except the better rate). If you are in the Nashville area and looking for a new Nissan, make sure you go to Action Nissan. My salesman was Jason. He will treat you right.

·
Registered
317 Posts
My dealer (Glendale Nissan) was ok.. The good part that they sell Nissans and the guys who showed me the car were helpful and they drove my old car to my house, all free of charge, but other than that they are stereotypical crooks - the sticker price was 3,500 higher than MSRP, they tried to tuck in gap insurance and extended warranty without telling me, offered really little for my trade in and I got 4.9% interest rate on <deleted> high credit score when 2.9% promotional was available... So they are ok if you do your homework, but do not expect them to be on your side.. Oh, and they sell the fog lights for $300 a pair (installation not included) while nissanusa.com website has them for $215

·
Registered
82 Posts
I was happy with Stadium Nissan in Anaheim. I went through internet sales. Helpful sales people, no games, did what they said they would do and got me 3.5% financing. There was a bit of a hard sell on the extended warranty, but I resisted.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Silme, You have your location as LA. Is there a Glendale Nissan out there, or did you get it in the Chicago area? I bought mine at Glendale Nissan and had a similar experience. Low trade-in value. I was able to get a around 2.5%, but did my research on that before hand.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Autoway Nissan of Brandon FL

The sales guy we bought ours from was very helpful and a nice guy.

However I am not too impressed with the service department so far, I had the first oil change done and the receipt says they put 5W30 in it not 10W30. The service adviser swears that they put 10W30 in it but wrote 5W30 on the ticket.

Knowing how a service department works, I'm sure the lube tech probably just put what ever type of oil that was written on the repair order into the car.
What a bunch of B.S. I'd make them change it again. Another reason to try and avoid a bad stealership. Why not just take it to jiffy lube, probley get alittle better results. So whos telling the truth service advisor, mechanic or maybe the receptionists. Thats why I do almost all of my own maintenance.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Route 23 Auto Mall (Ford/Nissan), Butler NJ

My salesman was a real nice guy. He had a fairly good knowledge about the Juke. They only had it on the lot for a week when I first test drove the car so I let him slide a little.

They were a bit of a pain giving me what I wanted for my trade-in. The Kia dealer was going to give me $400 more so not a big difference but a little annoying. They finally gave me $300 off of the MSRP on the Juke so it all worked out around the same.

Picking up the car went smooth and they didn't push the extended warranty on me but I did buy one anyway for my own peace of mind.

I would put them on my list of dealerships that I would use again in the future.

·
Registered
466 Posts
What a bunch of B.S. I'd make them change it again. Another reason to try and avoid a bad stealership. Why not just take it to jiffy lube, probley get alittle better results. So whos telling the truth service advisor, mechanic or maybe the receptionists. Thats why I do almost all of my own maintenance.
I got free oil changes for the first 36k miles. So it is free that's why I take it there.

·
Registered
317 Posts
oth and they didn't push the extended warranty on me but I did buy one anyway for my own peace of mind.

I would put them on my list of dealerships that I would use again in the future.
how much did they charge for the warranty if you don't mind sharing?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Elhart Nissan in Holland, MI.

Good overall but not great. I test drove at another dealer but went to Elhart because they had the model I wanted in stock. The sales guy was nice enough. We got $500 off MSRP because the owner of the dealership had put 800 miles on the car (as an aside, I'm a little worried that he probably wasn't following the guidelines for the break-in period, should I be?). The finance guy pushed pretty hard on the extended warranty. I didn't feel like it added enough beyond the manufacturer's warranty so I didn't get it. I'll update the post when I go back for service.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
So I went to the dealership today to do an oil change. While I was waiting service guy comes over to me and saids my front and rear brakes are low and should be changed, my battery is bad and should be replaced, my AC needs to be recharged and wanted to change my cabin filter which I already changed a couple of weeks ago all told they wanted $1700 bucks WTF. My Juke has less than 35K Miles and my wife drives it like a grandma. When I first talked to the service advisor he immediately offered me a "free" bumper to bumper inspection which I already declined well now I know why they offer a "free" bumper to bumper inspection lol. I politely declined whatever they wanted to do and payed for what I came for and left.

·
Super Moderator
10,700 Posts
Yeah. Stealerships

·
Super Moderator
1,769 Posts
Yep, the dealerships almost exclusively go off the maintenance schedule and just say you're due for X, Y, and Z. sometimes they'll throw in a few items trying to take advantage of you while you're down. And the icing on the cake is "oh we're doing a sale/special on..." to try and sweeten the already sour deal.

I laughed walking out of the dealership once. I had just replaced the battery with an Optima Red Top, new spark plugs, and replaced the cabin air filter and was only in for a CVT fluid change at about 80K miles. Their "1000000+ point free inspection" had battery, cabin air filter, engine air filter (they probably couldn't find it on the CAI), spark plugs, radiator flush, and belt replacement all checked... To be fair, they wouldn't have known about the plugs without pulling one because I did it myself. But it was very clear they didn't look under the hood despite having to be under there for the CVT fluid change...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts