Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
All.

My daughter's first car - a 2015 NISMO (bought it used) is making some strange noises. If anyone can assist I'd be grateful as the Nissan dealer couldn't find anything wrong with it.

1st Noise: Driving at 35 - 40 MPH, take foot off pedal and begin to decelerate, a 'whirring' or flying saucer sound begins and the pitch of the noise changes relative to the speed of the car. Even if I change AWD to Adaptive AWD to 2WD, the noise remains. Even if I change driving modes from Sport to Normal to Eco, the noise remains. If I drop it into Neutral, the noise softens a bit. We changed the CVT fluid immediately after purchasing. Had it been changed before the 75000 mark? We don't know. A mechanic (not Nissan) said that the differential fluid should be changed as well. Any correlation?

2nd Noise: If you get up to speed (40 MPH) and feather the gas pedal, a kind of grinding noise is heard. Take foot off, no noise. Feather the pedal, a grinding noise. Turbo recirculation valve? Blow off valve? I'm just grasping at straws.

This was my first time driving it today so I was trying to reproduce these issues, which I easily did. In spite of these noises, the car drives perfectly. Responsive, spirited and fun. I just hope that there aren't underlying issues that may ultimately ruin her first car purchase. She can barely afford this car let alone be saddled with repairs.

Noise #1
I think I may need a cvt cause whiring noise sound from the trans also it can be the and coupling that also make noise when rev

·
Registered
1 Posts
All.

My daughter's first car - a 2015 NISMO (bought it used) is making some strange noises. If anyone can assist I'd be grateful as the Nissan dealer couldn't find anything wrong with it.

1st Noise: Driving at 35 - 40 MPH, take foot off pedal and begin to decelerate, a 'whirring' or flying saucer sound begins and the pitch of the noise changes relative to the speed of the car. Even if I change AWD to Adaptive AWD to 2WD, the noise remains. Even if I change driving modes from Sport to Normal to Eco, the noise remains. If I drop it into Neutral, the noise softens a bit. We changed the CVT fluid immediately after purchasing. Had it been changed before the 75000 mark? We don't know. A mechanic (not Nissan) said that the differential fluid should be changed as well. Any correlation?

2nd Noise: If you get up to speed (40 MPH) and feather the gas pedal, a kind of grinding noise is heard. Take foot off, no noise. Feather the pedal, a grinding noise. Turbo recirculation valve? Blow off valve? I'm just grasping at straws.

This was my first time driving it today so I was trying to reproduce these issues, which I easily did. In spite of these noises, the car drives perfectly. Responsive, spirited and fun. I just hope that there aren't underlying issues that may ultimately ruin her first car purchase. She can barely afford this car let alone be saddled with repairs.

Noise #1
Are you low on trans fluid?

21 - 22 of 22 Posts