Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the best and safest driving mode to constantly use while driving?
Not interested in better performance but mostly interested in avoiding wear and tear on the engine and transmission

2014 Nismo RS

·
Super Moderator
2,226 Posts
If one of the modes put more stress or wear and tear on the engine and transmission, I don't think Nissan would have included it for use. You should be more concerned about your driving style and habits, before you worry about a factory/manufacturer provided feature shortening the life of your vehicle.

The car defaults to Normal and provides a balance of sportiness and performance with economy. the modes change things like the A/C cycle time, steering/handling, transmission shift points (fake shift), and engine (response and RPMs).

Check out the owner's manual or the "DMS" section of the factory service manual for more information.

·
Administrator
11,782 Posts
Run it how you like it. Neither mode gives better MPG or Performance or degrades parts. You do that with your foot/ankle, driving style, and lack of maintenance.

·
Registered
147 Posts
If it’s a cvt stay out of sport mode with regular driving. Puts unnecessary heat into the transmission I think as you don’t really need engine braking in slower traffic.
I never use eco mode other than long distances on the highway, and even then I find I get better economy in normal sometimes. Neither mode will make or break your gas mileage.

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Sport mode improves throttle response, so the turbo spools up much more frequently with little speed adjustments. Over the life of the car, I guess it's possible the turbo could wear out sooner. I wouldn't worry about it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts