Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a new Juke after driving the old model for 5 years in Sport mode. The old one always automatically stayed in Sport. New one seems default to Normal and has to be reset each journey ?? Does the new model not remain the same each time once set or is there some way to keep the setting constant please?
Grateful for any help with this.

·
Super Moderator
2,226 Posts
Not sure about the European model, but the old gen 1 and gen 2 that North America had would always default to "Normal" mode on engine start. There was never a way to keep it in sport mode. It looks like Nissan carried that over to the new 2020 model in Europe.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure about the European model, but the old gen 1 and gen 2 that North America had would always default to "Normal" mode on engine start. There was never a way to keep it in sport mode. It looks like Nissan carried that over to the new 2020 model in Europe.
Many thanks for that info. Disappointing but looks as though you're right :-( I can see why some designers might think they're saving you fuel by defaulting to Standard each trip but for me it's just another needless button push :) Irritating when the Gen 1 stays where it's put! Would be good if they put a choice in the settings menu somewhere.

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
It annoyed me at first but now switching to sport is so second nature to me I do it without even thinking. I don't use normal ever. I use Eco on longer interstate trips to save gas and prevent the turbo from spooling and unspooling constantly which can get old.

It would be really cool if there was a way to set a default. I'd guess Nissan did this for economy reasons, as you get an MPG or two worse in sport with the more aggressive engine settings.

I wish there was a way to independently set steering stiffness too. Keep sport steering in Eco for example. The Jukes steering never gets particularly soft but thanks to the very direct steering setup and the lack of any hydrolics the Juke has really sporty and fast steering. It's really spoiled me, whenever I drive my Xterra I feel like a boat captain swinging the loose and sloppy wheel 15 times to make a turn.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Many thanks for that SamusFarron. I guess we can think ourselves lucky that the previous UK version did allow the setting to be remembered. Just a pity the new software doesn't allow that. The new 2020 Juke (Tekna+) does have an amazing amount of new "Bells and Lights " compared to our older one. Particularly like the mood lighting,heated seats,updated communications, heated windscreen and mirrors, keyless ignition and locking etc.so I suppose having to press the D-mode switch each trip will eventually become second nature as you say

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just bought a new Juke after driving the old model for 5 years in Sport mode. The old one always automatically stayed in Sport. New one seems default to Normal and has to be reset each journey ?? Does the new model not remain the same each time once set or is there some way to keep the setting constant please?
Grateful for any help with this.
Every new start will be in Normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts