Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,497 Posts
Same CVT with some updated software for more shift points. Maybe a few other things so it can hold a little more power.

The 2015 CVT changed for the better. Not sure if the RS uses the Gen2 CVT.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I'm going to say no but not 100%. Reason I'm not 100% is there are 2 cvt transmissions Nissan used. The RE0F10B and RE0F10D, they are almost identical but they have slightly different gear ratios. Ie:
Final Drive ratio Gear ratio
B: 5.798 2.349-.394
D: 5.694 2.631-.378
Not much difference and I don't know if it's year specific FSM says "awd" no years or trim levels mentioned.

·
Premium Member
2,139 Posts
This is my mantra going into this turbo swap. Denial is a helluva drug.

Same CVT with some updated software for more shift points. Maybe a few other things so it can hold a little more power.

The 2015 CVT changed for the better. Not sure if the RS uses the Gen2 CVT.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Funny that all this talk about limits with the CVT and power/torque are usually on Gen1 or RSs... never hear of a Gen2 blowing the thing up... odd... I do like your little mantra bud!
Shouldn't your juke already be on a flat bed?

·
Premium Member
2,139 Posts
I didn't wanna be the one to say what you said outloud... but yeah. Gen 1 or otherwise AWD models. Have yet to hear about a Gen 2 FWD. But noone has gotten as stupid with theirs yet as I have and it's only getting more-stupider!

Almost, adjusting for metric Canada time, I wave buhbye to the Juke on the 15th. I'll be all 'Bye have a nice triiip, we'll miss yooooou, come back faaaaaster love you byeeeee'. Something like that. I'll rehearse it a few times first.

Funny that all this talk about limits with the CVT and power/torque are usually on Gen1 or RSs... never hear of a Gen2 blowing the thing up... odd... I do like your little mantra bud!
Shouldn't your juke already be on a flat bed?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, b/c I just had a CVT put in in mine and it has L I never seen that even in manual on my old one...it def has a diff shift points taking it back to the shop that installed it tom b/c it decided to go into L with the slightest nudge and I wasn't able to go into manual mode ..but for some reason I now can as of 20 min ago driving it..odd stuff

·
Super Moderator
9,497 Posts
L shift point?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I can shift to drive and if I pull a tad lower it goes past D into L ...never seen that before and I can shift to manual with no effect on M1-6

·
Registered
567 Posts
You should post a picture of your shifter setup. Only cvt I know of is the Versa that has an 'L' (or low).

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have been trying to replicate when it said L, I can't seem to do it now .....after the shop swapped CVT's I was coming home about to turn and BAM D turned to L and rpms shot up ...of course b/c I figured that meant Low thankfully I was only going about 15mph. I made it go into L a few more times sitting in the driveway but haven't been able to do it again to show the shop I took it to. If it does I will be taking a vid of it ...this is a CVT supposedly out of an Nismo...so not sure if they are the same as the versa or not ...

·
Super Moderator
3,786 Posts
It went to L on the dash display, correct?

i think if you pull the shifter to the right you can make it shift.

My my son borrowed my wife’s Juke and he thought it was some kind of auto that had to be shifted. Some kind of hybrid. I had the show him to just put it in drive and go. (I think he rested his hand on the shifter as he first started to use the car)

·
Registered
1,234 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)

·
Super Moderator
9,497 Posts
Well . Keep tabs on it.

Are you sure you didnt see an "S" or a "7" ?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yup, 100% I showed it to a few people but as I said can't seem to replicate it now LOL ....go figure...anyway I kinda hope it does do it again but I really don't at the same time....another question does the cvt hold info of what car it was in such as the same vin? or year model.

·
Super Moderator
9,497 Posts
I doubt it however you might be able to look it up using the CVTz50 Juke android app.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was thinking about trying that and see what it says, I'm wondering if I could possibly shift it by hand under the hood and replicate the "L" This will drive me crazy b/c it wasn't just me that seen it LOL my g/f and nephew did as well.

·
Super Moderator
9,497 Posts
Nonetheless. Its a very useful app and you should get it anyway.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts