Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

CVT Trans Failed

4K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Bargeld 
#1 ·
Greetings,

New to forums. My CVT is shot and my Juke is stranded in a parking garage. I think its a 2013. It has about 80k in mileage. Anyone know if it would be able to fall under a warranty if its under 100k in mileage? Otherwise from how it sounds... its junk at this point.

#3 ·
Original manufacturer's warranty is 5 year powertrain & 3 year everything else. At your mileage, unless you specifically bought an extended warranty, you probably aren't covered.

How do you know the cvt is shot? What symptoms etc does it show. Some people have brought their cvt back from what they thought was a failure by having the cvt fluid serviced.

Tell us more and it might be worth trying... doesn't sound like you have any other options anyway. Replacement cvt on a 2013 will cost more than it's worth and you will probably end up with a used or reman cvt anyway.

Sorry to hear about your situation.

#4 ·
Thank you for responding! It was shaking horrifically as i pulled into the parking garage and then even in gear was free rolling backwards before putting on the parking break, while it was in first gear. If the transmission is freely moving while in gear is that too far gone potentially?

#5 ·
Well. Hope says it is low on transmission fluid or just overheated or both and thusly needs the CVT fluid changed.

Shaking could be low engine RPM. Most automatic cars do not Hill grab at low rpms.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.