Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CVT Replacement complete, Software Updated, Fresh CVT Oil at correct levels. Everything checks out...except one thing.

I'm going to run this by you all, please double check my work. When you shift down to drive and take the shifter all the way down, the display will change from "D" to "L" and the vehicle will stay in a low gear. I assume that my shift linkage is off and that i need to shift down to drive, shut the engine down, loosen the shift linkage, pull the shifter all the way into the Drive range and then tighten the linkage. Does this sound like a fair statement, or is there another point of adjustment that I am unaware of.

Other than that she runs great. Just can't rest my hand on the shifter, because any movement will throw it into a low gear range. Manual shift works fine on both shifter and paddle shift.

Please advise, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Will wait till someone who actually knows something replies but just wanted to comment on your signature. CVT Replaced x1. Lol we're doing CVT replacements on sigs now? Man dont be trying to compete with me there

Reactions: lyonmaster

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Might as well add the major repairs since I document all the mods.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Will wait till someone who actually knows something replies but just wanted to comment on your signature. CVT Replaced x1. Lol we're doing CVT replacements on sigs now? Man dont be trying to compete with me there
Lol....I had to read that twice. I got a good chuckle out of it. This is where we are today. I'll have to add my X1 as well, you will be on X2 shortly so you have seniority.

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
I swear I have seen this issue brought up here before. I am also 99% sure it's never yielded any answers.

Someone swaps their CVT and it now is going into the "L" mode the Eurospec version has. Weird issue that likely has something to do with either region compatibility issues, programming issue, logic issue, etc. Probably not a hardware issue and probably not fixable by you.

Hopefully someone that has done a lot of CVT replacements can chime in someday on what the issue might be because like I said you're like the third or fourth person to ask this. I wonder if it's because the CVT is from a European car originally.

·
Super Moderator
2,152 Posts
yes, posted about before in the forums. Can't find the exact thread that was the big one about L mode, but here's 2 others. One is a European Juke, the other was a gen 1 replacement.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Issue solved last night. I finally finished cutting my property and had time to work on the Juke. Removed the battery and plastic battery protection tray/cover. Direct access to the shift control linkage obtained. Loosened the 13mm nut connecting the cable to the shift control. Immediately the tension was released and tightening the nut, i temporarily replaced the battery to verify function. Every range on the shift selector now engages correctly. Re-assembled and test drive, everything works and no longer goes into "L" when the shift lever is all the way down in "D". As i suspected, i had the cable to tight when i was connecting everything after the CVT replacement. She runs like a champ with a new CVT. Now my daughters Gen1 is giving me issues, knock on wood, not CVT but misfire on cyl #2, but thats another thread I will update later. Thanks everyone for the help, hope this helps someone else in the future.

Reactions: squirtbrnr
1 - 7 of 7 Posts