Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Nissan Juke Nismo RS AWD
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, to start this off, yes, I have read through quite a few of the current posts here about this. Most of them are 3 to 6 years old though. So here is my question: Would a CVT flush using Valvoline CVT fluid at 44k miles on my 14 nismo rs do any harm? I say valvoline because I work there and can get a pretty nice discount, but if Amsoil is where it's at because of the study they did, I could make that work. Nissan fluid is just so damn expensive. Anyway, any input is appreciated, thanks!

·
Super Moderator
1,860 Posts
If you have a warranty (Nissan recently extended the Juke CVT to 84 months/84k miles) you will want to use factory NS-2 CVT fluid. If you don't care about warranty, or want to take a chance, make the jump to Amsoil. Do not do a "flush" like most automatic transmissions. You want to do a drain and fill. measure how much drains out and put that much back in through the fill tube. Yes the gen 1 transmission has a dipstick. Only use that to verify the level is within range but don't just add fluid to satisfy the dipstick. the CVT capacity is roughly 9 quarts. anywhere from 4-5 quarts will drain out of the CVT pan. Lifting the rear driver side corner of the car or parking on a slight downhill will assist in more draining out. You'll never get all of it out, so it's best to do 2 drain and fills separated by a little driving. theoretically each drain will remove 50% of the old fluid, so just 2 drains will remove about 75% and you're good for another 30k miles.

edit: corrected warranty statement. See here for more info: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10167413-0001.pdf

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
The warranty got kicked up to 6 years/80k miles. Tough call. I'd say AMSOIL day one. At 44k miles probably any damage done was done already, so preserving the warranty might make more sense. I'd still run AMSOIL, but you gotta make that call.

·
Super Moderator
1,860 Posts
I just updated my post after looking it up. 7 years (84 months) or 84k miles, whichever comes first. Posted a NHTSA link.

·
Registered
2014 Nissan Juke Nismo RS AWD
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is that Dealer Warranty? I bought this used As Is and purchased a Service Contract.

·
Super Moderator
1,860 Posts
Is that Dealer Warranty? I bought this used As Is and purchased a Service Contract.
That is direct from Nissan. I don’t think it matters how many owners, but best to double check with a dealer.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I just updated my post after looking it up. 7 years (84 months) or 84k miles, whichever comes first. Posted a NHTSA link.
Thanks for the correction. That's not a bad warranty, wish I could have taken advantage of it....lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts