Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a letter from Nissan that they are extending the warranty to 7 years/84,000 miles. Has anybody got this letter? Got me wondering how problematic those CVT 's are.

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Yep I got that too. Glad they are doing it.

·
Super Moderator
10,727 Posts
Yeah that would be a huge step up for Nissan.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Curious about that, is this for all Jukes or specific years? My service advisor at the dealer told me yesterday that I should do a complete flui change service with filters every 30k miles, cost=240$.

Also, anyone know if Nissan is demanding that the engine oil be changed every 6 months regardless of miles? For example, since my last oil change with Penzoil Ultra 5w30, I have put 400 miles on it and the 6 months is just about up. I wonder if they will void my extended warranty if I don't have it changed at the 6 month interval.

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Curious about that, is this for all Jukes or specific years? My service advisor at the dealer told me yesterday that I should do a complete flui change service with filters every 30k miles, cost=240$.

Also, anyone know if Nissan is demanding that the engine oil be changed every 6 months regardless of miles? For example, since my last oil change with Penzoil Ultra 5w30, I have put 400 miles on it and the 6 months is just about up. I wonder if they will void my extended warranty if I don't have it changed at the 6 month interval.

Besides the oil filter there aren't any other fluid filters I can think of that are routine maintenance, especially at 30k. Assuming since you said 30k miles he was referring to CVT fluid, but I guarantee you they are not replacing the CVT filter behind the beehive cooler. That might take a minute, cost them money, and be the right thing to do; they just pop the CVT drain bolt, let it spill out, then refill it with whatever random amount pleases them without properly checking levels. Then they go have a cigarette and talk about how the customers are all bad, stupid people after having taken a bunch of your money to do a **** job on a simple service.

Pretty sure your service advisor just said "fluids and filters" because it's the reflexive verbal diarrhea service people at dealerships are most accustomed to saying.

They aren't changing any filters at your 30k mile CVT service, is my point. They are just going to be doing a subpar job of a simple drain and fill. And some particularly unscrupulous dealerships probably don't even do that. They pull your car into the bay, and then pull it back around and take your money.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Didn't specify year. Had my vin# on it. Mine is a 2016

1 - 11 of 11 Posts