Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can clear something up for me. I'm currently looking into doing a drain and fill of my cvt for my Nissan Juke 1.6 2014 automatic.

It seems a simple enough job but I'm not sure if I need ns2 or ns3 fluid?

From what I've seen online ns3 seems to be the right fluid but I can't be sure.

My haynes manual doesn't cover the cvt either which is annoying.

I'm in the UK so I've got the euro version.

I also contacted my local Nissan dealership and they say they don't usually do cvt drain and fill which is odd.

I've always known that you should do it every 30k

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
708 Posts
2014 is NS2

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2014 is NS2
Perfect, thanks.

Just had a thought though, I had the cvt replaced by nissan about two years ago due to complete failure at only 23,000 miles.

I'm wondering if they have fitted a later cvt model that might actually have ns3 in it.

Is there anything I can use such as cvtz50 to confirm the model number they fitted?

The dealership are being funny about it and are giving me strange looks when I mention drain and fill.

·
Registered
708 Posts
If you want to you can just buy AMSOIL CVT fluid which is recommended anyway. Works in both NS2 and NS3 transmissions.

That would take any guesswork out and you get better fluid.... unless you're trying to go OEM

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've had good success with with Castrol Transmax CVT in the black bottle in my 2012. Valvoline CVT fluid has had more "limp mode" issues than the Castrol. Looking at the pds sheets for each, Castrol has a cSt of 7.1 and viscosity index of 179. Valvoline has a cST of 5.6 and viscosity index of 147. Both are rated to cover all Nissan "NS" ratings.

Amsoil has a cSt of 7.1 and viscosity index of 187, so I would not hesitate to use it as it compares closely to the Castrol which I have had the best success with.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can clear something up for me. I'm currently looking into doing a drain and fill of my cvt for my Nissan Juke 1.6 2014 automatic.

It seems a simple enough job but I'm not sure if I need ns2 or ns3 fluid?

From what I've seen online ns3 seems to be the right fluid but I can't be sure.

My haynes manual doesn't cover the cvt either which is annoying.

I'm in the UK so I've got the euro version.

I also contacted my local Nissan dealership and they say they don't usually do cvt drain and fill which is odd.

I've always known that you should do it every 30k

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
I have same 2014 1.6 Juke. made in UK. (I am in Australia).
Just did CVT fluid change two weeks ago at 65000 KM.
My manual says NS-3
Dealership recommend not do CVT fluid change until 100,000km, so I bought 8 L NS-3 fluid, drain and fill.
3.5L flashing, 4.5L fill.

Planning to do this drain and fill every 20,000KM.

·
Administrator
12,032 Posts
LOL. Dont listen to your dealership folks. They want your business. LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts