Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought the timing would be perfect--the lease on my Altima ends today (10-10)...and my dealer was sure he was getting the Juke the first week of October. I have the first one he gets reserved in my name (SL-AWD, Red).

Well, as of Friday, it hasn't arrived and he doesn't know when it is coming. He said could be Monday, could be end of October. Seems strange to me that he doesn't know.

But I return my Altima tomorrow. Which puts me in a predicament. Can't very easily survive without a car for very long. Do I skip the Juke and go buy something else? Do I extend the lease on the Altima (which I can do for a full month)? But if I do that, I risk having 2 car payments for a month.

I know no one can answer my question--I'm just venting my frustration. Not sure if God answers prayers about cars, but for now I'm just praying the Juke will arrive tomorrow, and I will love it, and can drive away with it!

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
eggs. counting. hatching.

that's one of the reasons buying gives you more flexibility than leasing.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I guess the question is "Do you want a Juke enough to make a double payment for one month?"

So if you assume $200 is being just "spent" for the privilege of owning a Juke before everyone else then you can kind of divide it among the length of the lease - say three years. Which comes down to an extra $5.55 a month; your lease +$5.55 a month is pretty negligible in the overall scheme of things.

That's rationalizing it for ya, but I don't know what your finances look like. Altimas are great cars and you wouldn't go wrong by leasing another one or buying a used one! :)

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Would you really have a double car payment? I don't think that I have ever had a payment due on a new car until at least one month after getting it if not almost two.

·
Registered
16 Posts
You can extend the lease for a year if you ask... but I've never heard of the double payment, doesn't make sense, or sound legal, and it's never happened to one of my Nissan leasee's. Yes, extend the lease.. and maybe when your Juke arrives, Nissan will unveil a rebate, but don't count on that. Good luck! You'll love the Juke, it's really an amazing driver.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now I'm royally bummed. Today my Altima was due for lease end. I contacted the dealership to find out if they could get a firm date on the delivery of my Juke SL-AWD. For a month they have been saying "it is on a truck...expected first week of October." Today they found out it now is DELAYED until DECEMBER!

I can't believe it.

So I extended my lease a month to give me time to think about what to do. Not sure if I want to wait that long or buy something else. Or perhaps I can find something in another nearby city that will be available sooner.

So frustrated.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Okay, Indianapolis is a 5 hour drive from Cleveland. I will let you know when they get some in quantity up here and if IN still doesn't have any, you can just pick one up here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts