Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I feel a little disloyal, but today did some car shopping for my number 2 and 3 cars. Drove a Mazda3 hatchback, and got a close look (did not drive) a VW GTI.

Interestingly, none of the 3 sales guys I talked to had heard of the Juke.

But I'm sure they will shortly, since I consider the Juke to be direct competition to these cars.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Well, I feel a little disloyal, but today did some car shopping for my number 2 and 3 cars. Drove a Mazda3 hatchback, and got a close look (did not drive) a VW GTI.

But I'm sure they will shortly, since I consider the Juke to be direct competition to these cars.
Did you drive the mazdaspeed 3 turbo or the plain mazda 3 hatchback?? You should go back and test drive the mazdaspeed 3 turbo if you didn't and VW GTI to complete your research comparison. I know your mind is made up on the juke but you should test drive them both. I love the GTI but it gets pricey when you add few options.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I'm not considering the Mazdaspeed, because of the reviews that say the ride is so harsh it gets tiresome and is not suitable for long trips, and you "drive the rubber off the tires." It doesn't sound right for me as my only vehicle.

Main problems with the GTI are price, limited availability, and questionable reliability.

I still want to look at a few long shots, like the Kia Sportage. I keep thinking I want something with more cargo space, but when I look at the larger vehicles, I don't like them.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Rather like Violet,

sometimes I see pictures of other SUV´s on the computer and they sometimes appeal to me but when I see them in the "flesh", I lose interest!!

I do so hope that does not happen with the Juke??

I´m still waiting for the phone call??

·
Registered
123 Posts

wow your top 4 looks just like ours. Juke, Sportgage, Mazda3Sport and Golf 2.5. we've driven them all apart from the Juke, so we're waiting on that before making the final decision. Golf GTI was way too expensive: by the time the options were all in and tax, the car was almost $40K:eek:

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
I've had a Sportage for 5 years and I love it. I have had one problem with it and that was a simple clamp that broke twice. The second time they replaced it with a better clamp and had no problems after that. It has about 84k miles on it, was in a pretty good accident a few years ago, also had a tree fall on it once and it still drives like a champ and is running on the factory spark plugs. I can't say enough about it, it has been a warrior even though I just bought it as a cheap grocery getter. Can't speak on the newest version though, they have changed it quite a bit.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Actually, all those vehicles are much more expensive when you factor in all the options. To get a Kia Sportage with leather and nav and AWD you are looking at $35k in Canada as compared to $28k for the fully loaded Juke. I went to a car show yesterday and saw the Juke, looks pretty good in real life. Only disappointing thing was they wouldn't unlock the doors as it was a pre-production model I did get the hatch opened and there isn't a lot of room back there!

All being said, I am going to go to my dealer and get their best number tomorrow and maybe put in my order. I really like the looks and you can't beat the value.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Kia has questionable reliability but the best part about it is it's warranty.

·
Registered
123 Posts
What did you think of the Sportage?
it felt really solid, to be honest. Though like someone else said they are more expensive than the juke when fully loaded. Our main problem is that we need to get our new car in less than 4 weeks.(change of job so we can't car-pool anymore) So if we can't get a juke by then it will have to be one of the others

·
Registered
123 Posts
(...)I went to a car show yesterday and saw the Juke, looks pretty good in real life. (...)

All being said, I am going to go to my dealer and get their best number tomorrow and maybe put in my order. I really like the looks and you can't beat the value.
Which car show did you go to to see it? We're dying to to see one in the flesh but none of the dealers around here have been particularly knowledgeable. They even told us we couldn't put a deposit down to order one or even hold one

·
Registered
447 Posts
you have to cross shop. its just responsible -- a car is nothing until a test drive. I've driven the GTI (very fun, but out of my price range) and i will be test driving a 2011 Scion tC.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Which car show did you go to to see it? We're dying to to see one in the flesh but none of the dealers around here have been particularly knowledgeable. They even told us we couldn't put a deposit down to order one or even hold one
Same question as above! Where did you see it!!! Please let us know - we are dying to see it in person.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I saw the Juke at the Georgian College Autoshow in Barrie...it was this past weekend. If you do a search on google, sometimes you will find a dealer will have a Juke for a day or two. I know that was the case in Calgary.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
my boss thinks I should get a Rav4. Nice cars, but I don't really want a Toyota, and I think they are much more expensive with all the options I want

·
Registered
123 Posts
when you say "boss" do you mean your employer or your life partner? Ultimately YOU have to live with the car, so make the choice that is right for you, by your criteria, not someone else's (unless that someone is the second type of boss - you how it goes: happy wife = happy life)

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
LOL--my employer! I would never make such a decision like that, but I respect him and listen to his advice.

then I make up my own mind

·
Registered
36 Posts
weird... we have one juke (one and only one) showing in Calgary and rotate on every local Nissan dealer since mid Sept. (but no test drive yet) Did you guys call your local Nissan dealer to check, by the way the dealer also accepted pre order already .... and i am the first one to place the order .... so i should get the car on Nov... fm the first shipment

·
Registered
123 Posts
weird... we have one juke (one and only one) showing in Calgary and rotate on every local Nissan dealer since mid Sept. (but no test drive yet) Did you guys call your local Nissan dealer to check, by the way the dealer also accepted pre order already .... and i am the first one to place the order .... so i should get the car on Nov... fm the first shipment
I've been to 4 of the however-many dealers in town and nearby towns and none have seen it yet, let alone get one in. One dealer even told me march-april!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts