Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I was looking around the forum for tips on how to get my 2013 AWD Nismo Juke to have crazy camber like some FWD ones do? New to suspension, right now i am running the BC Racing coilovers maxed out & have the camber bolts in the rear but -3 isnt enough for me & i want more camber haha! Let me know! Thanks!

·
Registered
587 Posts
on the all wheel drives it would be a matter of making custom adjustable lower arms and making sure when you pull the camber out the axle isnt strained too much, or it might separate at the joint. FWD Jukes its next to impossible to get rear camber, as there is no rear adjustability at all. The FWD cars use a torsion beam rear suspension, you need to use shims behind the hub/bearing to make alignment changes, which is one hell of a job and severely limited in how much you can actually change by a few degrees.

·
Super Moderator
10,700 Posts
Why people want to do this is beyond me but thats me.

·
Super Moderator
1,769 Posts
@Macgyver tires are bald and the inner sidewall is the only remaining tread not down to the steel bands, that's my guess :ROFLMAO:

Same goes for the stretched tire look, when traction is so critical the sidewall is needed.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Wait, I thought it was a must that stretched tires have to have a ton of camber? Its for gas mileage if you didnt know. That 1" wide contact patch reduces friction and increases MPG!

Reactions: menshealthadvocate

·
Registered
780 Posts
Now folks, don't be haters because someone wants some camber, honestly, I liked the look of the rear of my old Jeep as it had just a tich of it and we all know camber is a must when you are racing at supersonic speeds like the Juke would hit merging on to the highway... wait, aren't F1 cars like, totally flat tired? Nascar?

Reactions: Tidos Nismo Juke

·
Registered
45 Posts
Opinion on an individuals aesthetics aside, I would be concerned about having such little contact patch that the car can lose traction easily when a car is really "stanced". Personally it's not a terrible look, its just the functionality that gets me.

You could try lowering it to absolute limits to get some negative camber. But then that starts to put CV joints at the limits 24/7, as well as all the other suspension components, AND your under carriage in danger of damage from normal bumps.

If you can afford to pay for tires often and your CV axles have at it! Just know the type of cost associated with that look before you end up bleeding money.

Post pics if you do get this done. Curious to see a stanced juke.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Opinion on an individuals aesthetics aside, I would be concerned about having such little contact patch that the car can lose traction easily when a car is really "stanced". Personally it's not a terrible look, its just the functionality that gets me.

You could try lowering it to absolute limits to get some negative camber. But then that starts to put CV joints at the limits 24/7, as well as all the other suspension components, AND your under carriage in danger of damage from normal bumps.

If you can afford to pay for tires often and your CV axles have at it! Just know the type of cost associated with that look before you end up bleeding money.

Post pics if you do get this done. Curious to see a stanced juke.
Well currently im maxed out on my coilovers with the camber bolts you can get anywhere and im only at 3? This is the juke im refering to:

I just dont know how theres that much in the rear...but i want it!

·
Registered
45 Posts
AWD and FWD have different rear suspension systems. That may play a role in it.

That picture looks like there is a pile of rubber from a burn out. Not sure if it was that car or not. But if it was it looks to be FWD.

It's a cool look, but like I said, not for me. I run 255 45 17 because I do enjoy grip. I am also running OEM suspension because I like ground clearance. I have a 240 on KW V3s, which is low, and I don't miss coming out of every drive way at a 60 degree angle, just so I don't scrape. 240 is set up for grip. Again, to each their own.

You have pix of your car in its current form?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts