Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have a an issue with this loosening or coming off on the throttle body side.. The first time it happened was a few months ago and it completely came off. I tightened it and it was good. I was driving on the highway this time and heard a minor pop and then posts of power. I checked under the hops and yes. The same thing happened. Idk if maybe I didn't put in right.. Or what. Any idea guys?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will try, do you think if air was was leaking through that for awhile, that it would cause a p0101 code?

·
Premium Member
1,093 Posts
p0101 code
Absolutely. That's a Mass Airflow Sensor out of range/performance code.

You may want to temporarily remove the bracket bolt on this pipe in order to really work the boot over the throttle body and ensure it is fully on before tightening the clamp up.

This shouldn't be caused by engine movement because the piece is mounted to the motor with the bracket. It likely wasn't on right. Are your running standard boost levels?

·
Super Moderator
1,828 Posts
This shouldn't be caused by engine movement because the piece is mounted to the motor with the bracket.
Not entirely true. It's also connected to the intercooler which is mounted to the radiator supports. Engine movement could cause this to pop off, though it would usually mean the little tab on the front of the engine holding the pipe down is broken off.

The factory hose clamp is a worm gear style. If it pops off once, it's usually stretched or damaged to the point the clamp should be replaced as it won't be able to hold the pipe on in the future. I'd look into a "T-bar" style clamp, or just buy OEM and replace the clamp.

·
Premium Member
1,093 Posts
The little tab/bracket and the clamp on the throttle body are why I said "shouldn't", but you're right, particularly if the tab is broken or the bolt/and or boot clamp is loose.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not sure what you mean about the tab.. I just see the boot with the clamp the tightens/loosens with a screwdriver

·
Registered
579 Posts
The part of the charge pipe that connect directly to the throttle body is notorious for blowing off if not seated/tightened correctly. I've blown that pipe off my throttle body countless times. Make sure the pipe is seated symmetrically and it's clamped down pretty hard.

·
Super Moderator
1,828 Posts
Not sure what you mean about the tab.. I just see the boot with the clamp the tightens/loosens with a screwdriver
There's a tab on the elbow right before the hose connects to the intercooler. It's on the opposite end of the tube from the throttle body. Look up and to the left of that elbow and you'll see a little bracket attached that bolts down to the engine. If that is broken or not tightened down, it could be a source of engine vibration causing this to pop off the throttle body.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts