Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just had an oil change done and while it was in had them check out some things (mainly transmission whine in 3rd and 4th) and when I went to pick it up they said the trans just needs a flush and also mentioned the drivers side LCA has a bushing going bad which I found odd as they didn't mention it when doing a much needed alignment in October or mounting my winter tires in November (I've only put on maybe 2500-3000Km since October). I got a quote to replace the arm at $420 CAD for just the drivers side plus $130 for an alignment. I was able to price out aftermarket arms at $114 each from MOOG so I'm wondering if I go aftermarket and get them boxed like the RS arms or go full tubular from SLR?

If I'm honest I've probably spent more on repairs for this thing than on actual car payments since buying it in September with only 71Km on it...

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
I'd avoid doing just one side. Aftermarket or RS if you are into performance, although many have used the OEM, non-RS arms just fine.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd avoid doing just one side. Aftermarket or RS if you are into performance, although many have used the OEM, non-RS arms just fine.
Yeah I'm going to do both as it's only time before the passenger goes too. Aftermarket is my only option without blowing money for no reason.

·
Registered
2016 Juke Nismo RS
11 Posts
Fast Religion makes a good upgraded boxed control arm, then you can order the Powerflex bushings which have lifetime warranty and have a nice upgrade you won't have to worry about probably ever again. That is what I've done for my RS and so far so good.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fast Religion makes a good upgraded boxed control arm, then you can order the Powerflex bushings which have lifetime warranty and have a nice upgrade you won't have to worry about probably ever again. That is what I've done for my RS and so far so good.
I ordered aftermarket ones and am having a local shop fully box them in tomorrow, all in it’s probably going to be cheaper than just the single OEM one Nissan wanted to use.

Reactions: MambaJuke

·
Super Moderator
11,266 Posts
They make polyurethane bushing kits for these if you want to stiffen things up.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They make polyurethane bushing kits for these if you want to stiffen things up.
Definitely going to do that once the warm weather rolls around, Ontario is under a second lockdown so only doing what’s needed to keep it on the road for now

·
Super Moderator
11,266 Posts
Oh darn.

Yeah one day we will be out of lock down.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Just wanted to update. Had a local shop box in the new arms and install them and its night and day how much better it handles. I honestly thought it was so wallowy in the corners from my winter tires being 16's instead of stock 18's but it was 100% the arms. Next step is Powerflex bushings and some braces in the spring to really stiffen up the body.

·
Registered
2016 Juke Nismo RS
11 Posts
Just wanted to update. Had a local shop box install the new arms and install them and its night and day how much better it handles. I honestly thought it was so wallowy in the corners from my winter tires being 16's instead of stock 18's but it was 100% the arms. Next step is Powerflex bushings and some braces in the spring to really stiffen up the body.
Thank you for the update, you will not be disappointed with the bushings but they are on the stiff side specially the race black from Powerflex.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you for the update, you will not be disappointed with the bushings but they are on the stiff side specially the race black from Powerflex.
yeah i'm planning to stick with the street bushings and maybe get some lowering springs

1 - 11 of 11 Posts