Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[FONT=&quot]Hello,

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Based on your experience, are you satisfied with the Juke’s AWD for our winters ?

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Selon votre expérience[/FONT][FONT=&quot], êtes-vous satisfait de la traction intégrale de la Juke pour nos hivers?

Thank you / Merci
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

·
Registered
614 Posts
The Juke AWD is fantastic for winter driving. Its low weight makes it less prone to sinking in the snow when the car is stopped. The high ground clearance means you're driving over the snow and not through it.

The stock tires are useless though. Try to brake in slush or loose snow and ABS is going to kick in. Get a set of winter tires ASAP.

A bit of story telling from my experience:
While I was living in Michigan, my roommate had Honda Fit and that carcould not park in the end of the driveway because of the ice on the driveway and the slope on driveway. Once the Fit was parked in that spot, it took three of us to push it out and onto the street. My Juke had no problem getting out of that spot everyday, even in FWD mode. Climbing a hill in FWD mode is tricky and took some practice. Using AWD-V or AWD mode is cheating; too easy.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. TomcatD . I've had my fair share of hill climbing battles with my 97 Civic, but always managed because of good tires and a manual transmission. Actually Civic was very good in the snow to a limit of course, I've also had to shovel her out a few times though. I also find a MT helps control the car better in the snow per my experience, Thanks again for sharing.

·
Registered
60 Posts
The stock tires are useless though. Try to brake in slush or loose snow and ABS is going to kick in. Get a set of winter tires ASAP.
Thankfully our province mandates proper winter tyres! They only started that a couple of years ago... but man, was it ever needed. The amount of people I'd see driving around on "all season" (what a joke) tyres in the worst of Quebec winter was frustrating. They are the ones going too slow to be safe on the highways, causing accidents because they can't stop/turn/whatever, or causing traffic because they're the first ones off in the ditch or blocking the road sideways because they couldn't control their car. :confused:

Roadwork, what winter tyres are you going for?

·
Registered
60 Posts
The Observe G02 was a great tire... my 2nd favorite non-studded tire. Only the Yokohama iG20 (now replaced with the iG52) is better I find. The Yokos are not cheap though. :eek: They stick like glue though... better than my Hakkas in snow, and only slightly less on ice than my Hakkas which are studded.

·
Registered
576 Posts
The juke has everything you need, but the tires. I use Geolandar AT/AS and my juke shreds through the snow like a ninja shark blender.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts