Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty good...speed tests etc.

Cant post URL but its at insideline website and called '2011 nissan juke full test'

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
4 1/2 stars isn't bad, but talk about damning with faint praise. "cheeky little toadstool," "puckerfish," and "funkly"? And, unless I'm mistaken, they called our Juke a fat girl.

. . . oughta be just about right for me. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Wait! It says premium fuel is required. This is the first I've heard of this. Are we sure?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wait! It says premium fuel is required. This is the first I've heard of this. Are we sure?
I think most places have said premium. I read somewhere it will take regular....i have no idea now.

Typically high performance engines with turbo usually require premium. This is not a big deal to me, the incremental costs are not significant...

·
Registered
131 Posts
Most turbo engines require higher octane fuels to prevent detonation. detonation in a non turbo car is bad. detonation in a turbo car is very very bad. the car will still run on regular fuel due to its knock sensor but eventually it will kill your engine.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I thought only higher end imports required premium fuel. I know my neighbour leases a benz and said its in his lease agreement to only use premium. They even sugested a specific gas station company to use.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Juke Guy is correct. I had a Mazda CX 7 turbo and it called for premium and there were people who felt it could take regular. I put in Regular a few times...hmmm...wonder if that's why I had the whole engine replaced by Mazda??
I'd stick with the premium gang unless the dealer says it's ok.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Turbos get premium.

They definitely need to review the AWD SL in contrast to the FWD S. Probably much better Skid Pad performance and even more fun in the twisties.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts