Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows of a good cold air intake for a naturally aspirated Juke?
Can't seem to find any anywhere, though I keep seeing ones suitable for the Nismo

Thanks in advance, any help is much appreciated

·
Registered
101 Posts
I think there are no one on one bolt ons , for the NA juke , maybe you can widen you search by looking on other models with the same engine hr16de by Nissan or h4m by Renault maybe one of them fit , otherwise build it your self.

·
Administrator
13,173 Posts
I think there are no one on one bolt ons , for the NA juke , maybe you can widen you search by looking on other models with the same engine hr16de by Nissan or h4m by Renault maybe one of them fit , otherwise build it your self.
That is a great idea.

Or fit a generic "Ebay" kit and Macgyver it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Basically,the stock one is a CAI itself,and in real time you will have better performance than any aftermarket intake.
By "real time" i mean,with the bonnet closed an in the open road,and not on a dyno,with huge fans and the bonnet wide open.
Obviously,you are not driving with the bonnet wide open.
Better buy a drop in filter.

·
Registered
2019 Nismo RS CVT
24 Posts
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows of a good cold air intake for a naturally aspirated Juke?
Can't seem to find any anywhere, though I keep seeing ones suitable for the Nismo

Thanks in advance, any help is much appreciated
I don't believe there is a CAI for the NA jukes. I had a NA juke I had the HKS racing suction SRI which was mentioned above. Mine was a HR15DE, should also fit the HR16DE.

Reactions: jukeboi12

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You came up with a solution or intake which fits the NA model? because im interested in fitting one as well. thanks
Not quite yet, except the HKS one designed for the HR15de model, linked it below.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
The HKS foam filter can potentially sand blast your engine from the inside out, been my experience. It ruined one of my previous engines completely. A K&N or any other dry filter elements will be immensely better if it'll fit. Keeping the stock CAI with some modification is always going to be better but an SRI can work out well too just keep in mind what type of filter element you're using. The Injen type intake work pretty good as they locate the filter over near the fender well area on the Juke turbo applications.

Reactions: jukeboi12

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The HKS foam filter can potentially sand blast your engine from the inside out, been my experience. It ruined one of my previous engines completely. A K&N or any other dry filter elements will be immensely better if it'll fit. Keeping the stock CAI with some modification is always going to be better but an SRI can work out well too just keep in mind what type of filter element you're using. The Injen type intake work pretty good as they locate the filter over near the fender well area on the Juke turbo applications.
I’ll definitely keep that in mind, never been told this before so thank you! Think my best bet will be to get a pro ram air filter and then use silicone tubing and a MAF sensor holder to “custom build” a new intake :)

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
The HKS filter assembly doesn't fit tightly at the filter/housing interface and debri slips by that joint with ease. I lost much of the compression seal on the piston rings @ 55,000 miles. The entire intake tract was like a sandbox mixed with engine oil. The K&N although claimed to have poor filtration on the similar engine got about 145,000 miles with very good compression though again the K&N will let small debri thru it's much less than the HKS.

I've even taken the airbox lid and simply vented it or modified the snorkel pickup. Did some airbox modification on my 2005 WRX STi and it was as good as any K&N intake and safer in terms of A/F ratio, heatsoak, and filtration. Just be creative and I'm sure you'll come up with something. There is a company that uses a dry element cone filter with both standard and high filtration capacity options in many different filter sizes so I'll link to them if you want to try a high filtration/flow aftermarket filter that's safe for a hotwire MAF while still providing maximum engine protection.

·
Administrator
13,173 Posts
K&N isnt the best option. Its too short and causes turbulence over the MAF.

Reactions: JukeAholic
1 - 15 of 15 Posts