Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of suspension does the Juke use? Is it conventional coilovers, or does it use a Mcpherson strut setup?

I assume its a car suspension and not a SUV suspension right? So it will drive nicely

I want to lower mine

·
Registered
16 Posts
It most certainly will be a car-suspension.... almost all "CUV" (crossover utility vehicles) use a car suspension not a truck suspension.
Think of the Juke as a bulky car, not a truck... not a truck at all.... so I don't know that your lift kit will work on this vehicle!

·
Registered
18 Posts
You can do anything these days. You would probably be able to use at least 2 inch blocks to lift it... Should be easy. Might look funny though.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Think of the Juke as a bulky car, not a truck... not a truck at all.... so I don't know that your lift kit will work on this vehicle!
Anything will work provided you have the right amount of $$$ to make it happen :p

·
Registered
45 Posts
I don't know why you'd want to lower a CUV... yes it is little, but I think the Juke would look funny lowered... :eek:
I agree. Isn't one of the main reasons for wanting a CUV over a car for being higher up and increased visibility? If you wanted something low down to the ground, just buy a car... I agree with SpaceCadet that the Nissan Juke would look funny lowered - definitely defeats the purpose of a CUV :rolleyes:

·
Registered
447 Posts
I also want to take it down 1-2", i'll do some research and post my findings a bit closer to launch.

Funny Jade, I almost picked the name Scorpion for this forum.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I also want to take it down 1-2", i'll do some research and post my findings a bit closer to launch.

Funny Jade, I almost picked the name Scorpion for this forum.
I remember seeing a modified Juke from Japan thats already lowered by about 2 inches. I think I saw it on the forums somewhere. Definitely looks good.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Since the Juke shares the same platform as the Cube and versa, I would assume the suspesion would be similar between the 3 to save on production costs.

·
Registered
131 Posts
This seems to be the rs-r springs website in English
No Juke springs listed, but gives an idea of prices.
RSR Ti2000 Down Springs
I don't think they'll have it on their english website since the Juke isn't available in North America yet.

Since the Juke shares the same platform as the Cube and versa, I would assume the suspesion would be similar between the 3 to save on production costs.
That's very possible. Having owned several Nissan cars I know very well how they like to use parts from differents car. Even if they don't share the same platform there's still a chance they have similar parts. One my Nissans shared parts with 4 other cars. None of them were based on the same platform.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Quote from a Press Release sent to me by NissanGB:

Juke is based on the Renault Nissan Alliance B-Platform and has a 2530mm wheelbase, is 4135mm long, 1765mm wide and 1570mm tall. To allow Acenta and Tekna models to use 17-inch wheels and 215/55 R17 tyres, the track front and rear is 1525mm (1505mm rear track on four-wheel drive model), the widest yet seen on the Alliance B-platform.
As new models evolve so a platform will undergo a number of changes, and Juke’s underpinnings are no exception. For its application on Juke, it has been lengthened, widened and significantly strengthened and lightened to enhance safety, refinement, and fuel efficiency.
Although the basic suspension system mirrors that found on other B-segment cars, with MacPherson struts at the front and a torsion beam at the back, a new cradle-type front subframe has enhanced the lateral stiffness of the assembly. Along with revised front suspension geometry, this has helped to promote better handling and ride comfort along with greater refinement.
The four-wheel drive version of Juke further benefits from a new multi-link rear suspension. When coupled to Nissan’s newly developed torque vectoring four-wheel drive technology to limit understeer, Juke’s handling is at the top of the class in spite of its higher ground clearance while comfort has been preserved.
:)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts