Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

Chirping/squealing noise

22K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  Dixiedad1320 
#1 ·
I heard a squeling and chirping noise, so took it to the shop. Got my serpentine belt replaced. And still makes the same noise but softer. Anyone know why it still makes the noise?

#2 ·
Could be one of the pulleys. Either the tensioner, alternator, compressor, or water pump. My guess is the tensioner.

#4 ·
Mine chirps in the morning, I always let it warm up before I drive anywhere. I thought it was my CVT for a minute, but I change fluid regularly. Its chilly overnight here 20 degrees and below at night, so on a really cold morning its more noticeable...let me know what ya find out!!

#6 ·
they didn’t find anything. It didn’t make the noise when I took it back to the mechanics, and they didn’t see anything wrong. Of course, when I was alone starting the cold today in the cold, it made the noise again. Thinking of taking it to Nissan mechanics instead. So frustrating

#7 ·
Mine has chirped for as long as I can remember, I sprayed some belt conditioner on the Alternator belt to see if that helped, but it did not...My assumption is, its the CVT warming up in the morning, I always start her and let it warm up before I take it for a drive....The CVT is belt driven so im guessing it doesn't like the cold much...i wouldn't worry if you keep up with maintenance...IE oil changes....transmission fluid flushes...

#8 ·
Got my juke at 43k and I'm at 64k now, I have belt whine on cold mornings. It's annoying and alittle embarrassing but I've replaced the belt and my mechanic said the tensioner was fine. When I installed my 2J pulley they checked it again and said it was fine and they could install a new one if I'd like but it was going to be alot since it was in such a bad place.

#12 ·
...a little more noise when I'm steering, and it's cold.
The Juke has an electric power steering pump. You very well could have an alternator bearing/pulley going bad, if it's not the idler or water pump.

#14 ·
As crazy as it may seem, Could it possibly be the fan in the dash that is making all the noise? You mentioned when its cold it makes the noise until it warms up. My in dash fan was making all kinds of noise when its warm and I thought it was my belts at first. Like you, it would disappear almost completely by the time the car warmed up. Didn't realize that I always leave by dash vents on when its cold to defrost the windshield in the morning when I go to start it. One day I turned off the fan to hear the noise better to try and determined where it was coming from and the noise disappeared. Dash fan bearings where shot. Now, it makes a slight ticking sound when it is running and still on occasions squeals in the mornings for a short but till it warms up some. Just a thought...

#16 ·
Something in mine just started a few days ago and got loader yesterday. I'm at 83900. Sounds more grinding than chirping.... Kinda like a wheel bearing does. I know it's not that Lol because it still does it when the car is sitting still. I still have cold air... Still haven't overheated.. but if I get on it to pass someone... It has that bogging down feel. So idk

#17 ·
Probably the idler pulley bearing or alternator bearing unless you are a 6 speed. Then it could be the throw out bearing.

#18 ·
My 2015 nismo just started the slight chirping/squeak or whatever it is. It was weird like when acceleration has pressed harder it did it. Now I’m parked in idle & it is making a noisy squealing noise but it’s not very loud. It’s not consistent & Car is driving normal thus far. Got the car at 62k now at 69k. I’m not as educated as I’d like & should be in mechanic industry. So if anyone has any advice it is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

#19 ·
Record the sound and post it here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.