Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Vendor
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll be in Franklin Park, IL on Monday & Toledo, OH on Tuesday/Wednesday.

While I'm on this trip I will be offering Street tunes for $600.

If you want to jump on a dyno you'll need to pay for the dyno time.

I'm not sure if I'll be stocked up on cables by then - but I can always mail you a cable when it comes in.

John

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
I'll be in Franklin Park, IL on Monday & Toledo, OH on Tuesday/Wednesday.

While I'm on this trip I will be offering Street tunes for $600.

If you want to jump on a dyno you'll need to pay for the dyno time.

I'm not sure if I'll be stocked up on cables by then - but I can always mail you a cable when it comes in.

John

This will be my first tune and I'm in for the tune.
Not trying to sound ignorant but what do you need cables for? Is a Dyno necessary?

Can you PM me the address? I'm about a 45 minute drive from Franklin Park, Il.

Thanks John.

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
Didya get your juke tuned yet? huh.huh, didya? hehe.
I just got mine done. Didn't take as long as I thought. I guess it's my turn to babble beyond belief, so I apologize for the long winded post. I'm just excited because I feel I just got the best bang for the buck.

I bought the tune, license fee and cables in one shot. I didn't want to pay for shipping since he had them.
If you do a "live street tune" and want the cables, have John bring them to save time and shipping costs.

I will say at first, I was skeptical, needed to have the Guinea pigs go for it first. After watching a few videos and reading a few comments on here, that was all the confirmation I needed.

The street tune is like night and day. It was a very hot day. 98° and humid, John tuned and watched the parameters on his laptop while I drove like a mad man on the highway. He knew I was shying away at full throttle, because it wasn't hitting the boost, so I nailed the throttle and we started flying, surging, cruising. We had the AC on full blast and it drove like a champ.

Think of it as being in "Sport" mode on steroids when it boosts. At least that's how it felt. It was strong and Nissan should have tuned the Juke this way.

The adjustable boost on the fly was a cool feature. I think the increments were 8-15lbs.
Even if you turned the boost to the lowest setting it still performs better than the stock.
I believe in stock form, max stock boost is 12lbs but it doesn't hit that consistently, where as the tune hit that and more.
I just set it and forget it.

I didn't do a dyno, I could care less what the numbers are. This is my daily driver and I wanted a little more ooomph on command. Not saying that it didn't have it in stock form. It's much more enhanced.

After the tune, John showed and compared the tables, charts and graphs from stock form to street tune. A lot of the rough spots have been smoothed out with his tune.

I think the only advice I could give, would be to know the driving characteristics of your Juke in all ICON D-modes. That way, if and when you do decided to get the tune you will feel the difference it makes. Not many people would realize the difference in power if you always baby your Juke. Enjoy the Juke in stock form and enjoy it even more in tuned form.

In regards to mods. If there is one single mod I would recommend, the street tune would be it. Intake, axleback, cat back. hard pipes, DV etc. are secondary but enhances the overall pleasure. This tune is Stage1 built to perform on a stock Juke or slightly modified Juke. My mods are only an Injen SRI and a Stillen Catback. (maybe hardpipes and DV)

It's still day one for me and I am still getting use to the new found power. No CEL lights came on.
I know my MPG's will drop but you gotta pay to play.
I'm a satisfied customer who wasn't expecting much but got a lot more than I thought.

If you are a MPG Hyper-miler and MPG's are your goal, than think twice. This tune is for performance and hyper-miling will be hard.
If you are into enhanced performance than the Street Tune should fulfill your needs at the expense of some MPG's.
If you are coming from more powerful cars, don't expect this tune to have Juke-R type power.

Now what happens if Nissan decides to issue another ECU program recall and we have this tune?
Uh....Let John answer that because I was so excited about the new power that I kind of ignored what he was saying about it. I think John's got our back.
John is a very nice guy. He showed me how the cables would work and what to do if and when he introduces any new updates.

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
I forgot to add:
If and when you decide to get the tune. You will need to consistently use Premium 91-93 octane.
What Nissan recommends and what the street tune will require.
No getting around this with the lower octane.

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
Glad your enjoying it !

I'm still here but not for long !

-John
My Juke just blew up. Thanks a lot. Just kidding!
Power on tap is awesome.

Thanks John. Hope to get a few more Juke tunes via cables soon. I just need to convince them.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts