Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Juke S
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't believe how hard it is to find information on this.

Changed my cvt fluid, done it before no issues. Changed it this time, car is lagging. Foot on the gas, higher rpms but we ain't really moving like we should. Found a comment by fast religion saying leave the car running, level, and need hot oil. Did, did, and did. 14mm check bolt underneath, no dripping means not enough, slight drip means good enough. Went to pull the plug, it streamed steady for a few seconds before I could put the bolt back in. I know I put some extra fluid in cause I lost some on the ground when I dumped, but I can not for the life of me find any more information besides that. By the time I have the chance to call the dealership, mechanics are already gone. Called nissan and they basically told me they have no idea, that's what the dealership is for.

Since I'm not smart enough to deserve a dipstick to check myself (according to nissan), how do I continue going about it? Manual says to have another weird specific tool that normal people don't know exists, do I need whatever the check thing is? If it's a steady stream, is it cause I have too much or cause my car isn't perfectly level? Do I let it stream til it drips or do I let it stream and interrupt it periodically?

Why can't we just have the stupid freaking dipstick? I know this question is around here, the answer might be as well, but I can't for the life of me find any more information past what I mentioned.

Thanks and sorry in advance. I'm too broke to afford car troubles, Oklahoma university doesn't pay me enough for groceries and gas let alone car maintenance.

·
Registered
2017 Juke S
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, aware of that. The manual also says you need a certain tool to hook up to the overflow. Say the car is level, drove 20 miles and was hot, and I pull that plug and it has a steady stream come out instead of dripping slowly or not dripping at all. I assume that means I have too much? Should I let it stream until it stops?

I have the manual downloaded, and I found some answers, but I can't find answers to that specific question.

·
Administrator
12,664 Posts
No.

Reactions: Patio Orangutan
1 - 11 of 11 Posts