Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2011, tekna, force red
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little bit of guidance needed as regards chassis code, I’m looking to install tein street advance coilovers, however the seller says they will fit all jukes 2010 onwards with chassis code YF15, I’ve looked online but can’t find the information I need, does anyone know if there’s a difference between F15 which I think my car is and YF15

·
Super Moderator
4,285 Posts
It may be a FWD vs. AWD difference. Where the rear springs and shocks are different for the FF and AWD.
I don't think that is it. Look at the link I posted. The 2014 Juke Nismo RS is a F15. This model was release as FWD and AWD.

Looking more at the link, the F15 are the Jukes with the 1.6 Turbo and YF15 are the Jukes with a 1.5 engine, (sold elsewhere from N.A.).

·
Registered
192 Posts
I don't think that is it. Look at the link I posted. The 2014 Juke Nismo RS is a F15. This model was release as FWD and AWD.

Looking more at the link, the F15 are the Jukes with the 1.6 Turbo and YF15 are the Jukes with a 1.5 engine, (sold elsewhere from N.A.).
I completely agree with you. And with suspension there is the difference with AWD and FWD. Seller and/or buyer may or may not be aware of that. Or maybe the 1.5L didn't get the AWD option...
It would be very unfortunate to get a sweet coilover kit, and it ending up not fitting due to one of those variables.

The more you know.

·
Registered
2011, tekna, force red
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think they would be the same for chassis components.

This website br
I think they would be the same for chassis components.

This website breaks it all down: Nissan Juke Specs, Dimensions and Photos | CAR FROM JAPAN
thank you,
It may be a FWD vs. AWD difference. Where the rear springs and shocks are different for the FF and AWD.
that was my first thought but a quick google search shows the YF and F15 both have fwd, I’m leaning towards it being maybe where they are made or registered but can’t find anything concrete, thanks to you both
I completely agree with you. And with suspension there is the difference with AWD and FWD. Seller and/or buyer may or may not be aware of that. Or maybe the 1.5L didn't get the AWD option...
It would be very unfortunate to get a sweet coilover kit, and it ending up not fitting due to one of those variables.

The more you know.
This is why I’m a bit cautious as I’ve had fitment issues before also my model F15 5 speed manual 1.6 non turbo doesn’t seem to be on the list, I had a similar problem a few months back wit a TL4N short shifter that turns out didn’t fit

·
Super Moderator
4,285 Posts
There are several Nissan Online Parts companies that have all of the parts numbers listed. I am sure there are the same in the UK. Check between the two regions and see if the spring and strut part numbers are the same. If they are, you should be able to use the aftermarket items.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts