Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellow Juke Enthusiasts,

I have my brand new Juke SL AWD, graphite blue, silver accented interior rolling in sometime... sometime soon (I hope!) I'm trading in my beautiful Scion Tc '08 - a car I'm really sad to say goodbye, but AWD is necessary for where I live.

While I'm waiting with a bated breath (I've never even seen the graphite blue in person....^^) I was wondering if anyone knows about the "Cargo Area Cover" listed in the US Nissan Accessories page. I am used to the cargo cover that came with my Tc hatchback - and one that keeps all my valuables hidden from prying eyes. Any ideas/pictures/videos on how it works? (And a better question - why does Nissan think it should cost $135? That seems exorbitantly high for something that should be relatively simple.... It's not like installation should be that difficult, right? :p)

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Sorry, I haven't seen it, but as far as price I'd wait, if you can, until online accessory retailers are selling it. You'll probably save quite a bit.

Here's a pic of Graphite Blue. It looks a lot different (better, I think) than what you see on nissanusa.com.

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
the tonneau cover is a piece of fabric stretched over a shaped piece of rod, i don't think rattling would be an issue

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hi fellow Juke Enthusiasts,

I have my brand new Juke SL AWD, graphite blue, silver accented interior rolling in sometime... sometime soon (I hope!) I'm trading in my beautiful Scion Tc '08 - a car I'm really sad to say goodbye, but AWD is necessary for where I live.

While I'm waiting with a bated breath (I've never even seen the graphite blue in person....^^) I was wondering if anyone knows about the "Cargo Area Cover" listed in the US Nissan Accessories page. I am used to the cargo cover that came with my Tc hatchback - and one that keeps all my valuables hidden from prying eyes. Any ideas/pictures/videos on how it works? (And a better question - why does Nissan think it should cost $135? That seems exorbitantly high for something that should be relatively simple.... It's not like installation should be that difficult, right? :p)

Thanks! :)
I too wondered about the cargo cover - soft fabric or hard cover? Apparently, it's a standard feature in Canada. After searching the web, I found these pictures from UK Nissan & Japan Nissan sites, in their accessories sections.

I also saw the driver armrest in both sites. This is something else some members are concerned about (as it is presently not on North America Juke) - will put those pics in appropriate topic ...
Nissan Juke : Juke Forums > Nissan Juke Main > Nissan Juke General Discussion > Where's My Armrest?

UK
View attachment UK site Nissan Juke cargo cover.bmp

Japan
Nissan Juke cargo cover_Japan.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you so much! Ah... I did not realize that 'tonneau cover' is an alternate name. :)

After some scouring, I did find a video on Youtube that demonstrates this cover; it's mounted onto the trunk lid rather than inside the trunk with the seats - and while I don't have privileges to display the link, you can search for it as "Nissan Juke, Exclusive Evans Halshaw Review." He shows it around 2:00 minutes.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
I may be a bit confused. I think there are options for a tonneau cover--that is, the cover which is built into the hatch and comes down when you close the hatch providing privacy or security for the things in the back . . .

and then there are covers for the cargo space itself, to protect the carpet. Which are we talking about here?

·
Registered
112 Posts
I may be a bit confused. I think there are options for a tonneau cover--that is, the cover which is built into the hatch and comes down when you close the hatch providing privacy or security for the things in the back . . .

and then there are covers for the cargo space itself, to protect the carpet. Which are we talking about here?
Parhelion asked ...
I am used to the cargo cover that came with my Tc hatchback - and one that keeps all my valuables hidden from prying eyes. Any ideas/pictures/videos on how it works?

I believe s/he's referring to the tonneau cover/cargo (area) cover.

·
Registered
35 Posts
now that I have seen that it is at least semi-rigid, I am concerned that it will rattle due to the subwoofer in the trunk area. Hey Perihelion, could you check and see if the cover rattles when you get yours?

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Frankly, those cargo covers annoy me. What's the point of getting a hatch if that thing's in the way when you have something large to put in it? I'm much more interested in the carpet protector.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Good question! I've been struggling to accurately describe this - especially to my dealership, but it is as Lloyd555 said - I'm looking for the cover for security and privacy, rather than the protector on the trunk floor. Granted... there's typically only my backpack sitting lonely in the back, but added with my laptop, I feel a bit paranoid...

Now, I have to see if the dealer can understand what the heck I'm talking about! :p

And a report will be forthcoming if/when I get it/test it out! :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Good question! I've been struggling to accurately describe this - especially to my dealership, but it is as Lloyd555 said - I'm looking for the cover for security and privacy, rather than the protector on the trunk floor. Granted... there's typically only my backpack sitting lonely in the back, but added with my laptop, I feel a bit paranoid...

Now, I have to see if the dealer can understand what the heck I'm talking about! :p

And a report will be forthcoming if/when I get it/test it out!
I just stood next to my first Juke at a nearby dealership. A moment of silence while I beam from ear to ear.

I could not see into the back with the privacy glass/tint! Yes, it was 7:00 at night, but the car was parked under their bright dealership sign, and i strained to see through the darkened glass. As someone suggested in this topic or another one on the cargo cover, check out a Juke (in daylight :rolleyes:) to see if the cover is even necessary!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
I wouldn't leave a laptop lying in the open either, or in the heat.
They do sell this one specialized cover that would be perfect for protecting a laptop from prying eyes. They call it a towel - or sometimes a blanket. They also guarantee against rattle and noise :p. But in all seriousness a retractable cover would be nice.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I once wrapped a camera in my coat and forgot about it. I asked my son to fetch the coat later in the day, and vhen he yanked it out of the back seat, my camera went flying. Learned my lesson - I will make use of the cargo cover in the Juke!

·
Registered
82 Posts
This is the 6th hatchback I have owned, and I'm a bit surprised to find it didn't come with a privacy cover for the cargo/hatch area. All my previous cars did, and it wasn't an "option" that I paid extra for as I recall. They were all rigid and removable, and fit into littl brackets in the back seats. I assume the price is justified the same way they justify approximately $170 for little squares of carpet better known as floor mats. I would like to have one, as you can see into the back even with the tinted glass, and I like to keep my (not very valuable) cargo hidden.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just stood next to my first Juke at a nearby dealership. A moment of silence while I beam from ear to ear.

I could not see into the back with the privacy glass/tint! Yes, it was 7:00 at night, but the car was parked under their bright dealership sign, and i strained to see through the darkened glass. As someone suggested in this topic or another one on the cargo cover, check out a Juke (in daylight :rolleyes:) to see if the cover is even necessary!!
even if the glass wasnt tinted it would be hard to see into there at night with a bright light outside it without crating a shadow and looking through at the right angle due to the reflections. (try it in your house, turn all the lights on in a room at night and you will see the reflections created, same idea as a police lineup, perps cant see the person identifying because of the difference in light)

·
Registered
9 Posts
They do sell this one specialized cover that would be perfect for protecting a laptop from prying eyes. They call it a towel - or sometimes a blanket. They also guarantee against rattle and noise :p. But in all seriousness a retractable cover would be nice.
I've owned 2 300ZXs now and I can tell you, yes, they do have retractable covers, and no, they never, ever, retract fully. I'd prefer a cover like on the JUKE.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts