Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody used them, or is anybody considering using them for the Juke? In light of our discussion about short supply translating into inflated prices I'm considering it.

I'm talking about cars direct or zag.com's partners like USAA or Consumer Reports.

Only thing is I'm not sure there are any signed up dealers in my area (being sort of isolated out here in my part of Texas).

·
Registered
296 Posts
Has anybody used them, or is anybody considering using them for the Juke? In light of our discussion about short supply translating into inflated prices I'm considering it.

I'm talking about cars direct or zag.com's partners like USAA or Consumer Reports.

Only thing is I'm not sure there are any signed up dealers in my area (being sort of isolated out here in my part of Texas).
Violet, I may be English but I´ve been to Texas. It´s so huge, I felt sort of isolated wherever I went!!!

Felt a bit better though, with an ice cold Miller Draft, sitting by the side of The River Walk, in San Antonio.

·
Registered
123 Posts
is a car buying service a place that buys the car on your behalf and delivers to your door, or do they negotiate on your behalf and you simply go to the dealer and sign the deal? The first would be kinda cool, like amazon but for cars. "Look ma, I bought this on the internet with your credit card" lol

·
Registered
7 Posts

I used the USAA car buying service when I bought my 2009 370Z. Go to the USAA website, follow the directions, print out the paperwork and take the paperwork to the participating dealer.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
would you do it this way again? do you think you saved money?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Believe what you want

When you involve a third party, it is not reasonable to think that they are working for free.You add another mouth to feed.Also you are creating a relationship,(obligation), from the dealer to treat YOU right.If you buy it from them , you will secure an expectation that you will be pampered.
It only makes sense, YOU are their customer, not a broker.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Juke Listing

The Juke is now listed on the USAA car buying service website.

Our local Nissan dealership has outstanding professional employees, and has always provided us with outstanding service. We will definitely buy from them again.

·
Registered
31 Posts
It shows up on AAA zag site too, but member priced is $47 more than MSRP, so I guess we know how much zag makes on transactions?

The Juke is now listed on the USAA car buying service website.

Our local Nissan dealership has outstanding professional employees, and has always provided us with outstanding service. We will definitely buy from them again.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I tried Costco and it shows no dealer in area offering member pricing, but I clicked through to contact a dealer anyway.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I used one of the zag's affiliate website - "Drive Your Dream Auto Buying" (DYDAB).
For the Juke AWD CVT with SV trim + Navigation, MSRP is $23800 but the quote I got from them was $22,945. I filled out my contact info yesterday and today I got a call from my local dealer saying that I can come in for a test drive. yay.

Now, how does this site work? Instructions from DYDAB says that I just need to print out the quote from them and present it to the sales rep. Is it always guaranteed that I can buy the car at that price?

If I can make a deal at that DYDAB quote, I think it's a pretty damn good deal for a car that just got released like a week ago.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I doubt it

LK- I wonder where they are going to get a car?ALL these cars come through dealers, (who can't fill all the orders they have), why would they discount?If , on the other hand, you were a valued customer, of a dealer, you would have the right to expect prefferential treatment. An established relationship is a beautiful thing.It works both ways.
I would be curious to hear about discounts on these cars.
Violet, maybe worthy of a poll?
If cheap is important, wait several months, and discounts will appear.
Supply and demand.

·
Registered
6 Posts
LK- I wonder where they are going to get a car?ALL these cars come through dealers, (who can't fill all the orders they have), why would they discount?If , on the other hand, you were a valued customer, of a dealer, you would have the right to expect prefferential treatment. An established relationship is a beautiful thing.It works both ways.
I would be curious to hear about discounts on these cars.
Violet, maybe worthy of a poll?
If cheap is important, wait several months, and discounts will appear.
Supply and demand.
Most likely I'd have to fill in an order with a security deposit. I think ordered cars are cheaper than the cars that are already in the dealer because they are not charging you for the maintenance while it's catching dust in their lot.

by the way, I don't know what kind of established relationship you are talking about..because I've never talked to the sales guy who sold my car 6 years ago..lol. It's really hard to get a "preferential treatment" unless you are personally good friends with them or a family member.

I have yet to ask the sales guy about the discounts..I guess I'll find out tomorrow when I drop in for a test drive. I'll let you guys know.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Honestly you can save a lot more money buying yourself as long as you know how to negotiate. Car buying services are good for people that want a hassle free car buying experience. Since the car buying service already sets the price. If you know how to negotiate I'm 100% sure you can get a better deal buying yourself as you take the middle man out of the equation. With any business transaction everyone involved always makes something out of it no matter how much you'd like to think that they don't.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yesssss!

LK It is not really maintenance, it is intrest, and opportunity.They can sell the car NOW, that they have in stock,(instant gratification costs).
When a dealer gets a car in, they have to finance it,(floor Plan), so it costs money to hold.You WILL get a better deal on an ordered unit,unless they have one they want to sell now.(Instant gratification works both ways).
Juke Guy YOU GET IT!!
Most people don't have a clue how to negotiate.If you don't ask,you will not get. ASK!!!!
A dealer will know, or you should tell them, that you are their customer.Even if the salesman is transient, their records,(service,sales), will show your longievity at that dealer.We are partial to our neighborhood, and our customer base.They are likely to use our service department, and buy another car-IF WE KEEP THEM HAPPY.

·
Registered
6 Posts
maf // yea sure I will ASK or NEGOTIATE and allow them to toy with interests or hidden fees. I'll be using car buying services. Thanks for your 2 cents Mr. Nissan Salesman.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think it's a matter of what you're comfortable with, how much research you are willing to do, and where you think you can get a better deal.

Many women I know, for instance, feel that they get condescended to and taken advantage of in the traditional car-buying experience, and have used car buying services as an equalizer, so to speak.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I am a pretty hard negotiator, but I know I got a better deal going through a service the last time I got a Mazda RX-8 (first model year) transferred into a dealer when there was no inventory, people were paying a premium over MSRP and I got the car with no extra fees, dealer charges, at $200 above invoice.

I did get so irritated over financing discussions that I paid cash.

Just for fun, folks should try to negotiate a non-participating dealer and see how far they get on a low inventory car model...

·
Registered
31 Posts
It shows up on AAA zag site too, but member priced is $47 more than MSRP, so I guess we know how much zag makes on transactions?
Lo and behold, wait a day and the same search shows the same AWD S at $403 below MSRP or $600 above invoice.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts