Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wood Font Material property Magenta Tints and shades

Hi,

I found this in the drivers footwell of my Juke Digi-T Teckna. I guess it is off one of the pedals (manual drive), from the oil/grease maybe covering a spring? Or off an associated sensor perhaps?

Anyone know what it is and if it is critical to the cars safety/performance?

Thanks for your help,

Martin.
Wood Font Material property Magenta Tints and shades

·
Super Moderator
2,340 Posts
That almost looks like a cable/hose clip that would keep two ends of a hose or cable clipped together. It’s an added safety measure to keep things together under road vibrations and normal driving. The throttle is fly by wire. Maybe it came off the clutch pedal?

Reactions: crazeemartin

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
(why did this dude use his mugshot for his avatar?)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's a clip on the steering column:

The second diagram on that page:

View attachment 191162
Does look like it, I will see if I can put it back. Doesn't seem to serve any purpose but better on than off, I guess!

Thanks so much for your help, it has proved most useful.

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
(why did this dude use his mugshot for his avatar?)
I've noticed that a lot on car forums lately the past year or so out of the blue, it's really obvious here looking at the last year's threads. A lot of random new accounts with mugshot style profile pics that ask random, somewhat generic questions and speak in a slightly unnatural way. I'm convinced a lot of them are machine learning programs designed to engage in conversation with people in an organic manner using a compilation of similar questions aggregated from other sites.

spooky music

·
Registered
338 Posts
Does look like it, I will see if I can put it back. Doesn't seem to serve any purpose but better on than off, I guess!

Thanks so much for your help, it has proved most useful.
It is just a plastic spacer, I assume so that when installing the steering column it doesn't compress too far and possibly damage the u-joints or become misaligned.
I just threw mine out lmao

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
I'm convinced a lot of them are machine learning programs designed to engage in conversation with people in an organic manner using a compilation of similar questions aggregated from other sites.
::hits blunt::
yea man. I hear ya. ;)

Nahhhh I was just joshin around with the newbie, I'm sure he's a real Brit dude with legit question.

But on the other hand... you might be onto something. Not necessarily in this instance but AI learning is developing by leaps and bounds and in very oddly implemented (creative) ways. Personally I like the movies where the AI decides "hey, you know what, humans are the root of all the problems so I'mma wipe em out to save the planet" and I'm like "totally! kill those fkrs!". I think it's hilarious that we think we're so wicked smart that we can outsmart something that is perfectly reasonable and efficient. All riiiiight, human ego right up to the end of days.

Reactions: Ausjuk33

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
::hits blunt::
yea man. I hear ya. ;)

Nahhhh I was just joshin around with the newbie, I'm sure he's a real Brit dude with legit question.

But on the other hand... you might be onto something. Not necessarily in this instance but AI learning is developing by leaps and bounds and in very oddly implemented (creative) ways. Personally I like the movies where the AI decides "hey, you know what, humans are the root of all the problems so I'mma wipe em out to save the planet" and I'm like "totally! kill those fkrs!". I think it's hilarious that we think we're so wicked smart that we can outsmart something that is perfectly reasonable and efficient. All riiiiight, human ego right up to the end of days.
I can assure you I am real, just have an old picture from my Google account! Here is a pic of my lovely Juke, I have solved the issue, so we can consider this thread closed:
Car Automotive parking light Vehicle Tire Wheel

·
Super Moderator
2,340 Posts
AI, Google account, picture pulled from the internet (despite the blurred plate). Yep definitely a bot.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
I think google might have caught him walking to work one day though:

Plant Road surface Asphalt Shorts Grey

Car Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle Tire

I've always said that one of the things I fear the most is Google. The amount of info they provide to the public is unfathomable... just think about all the info they DON'T provide to the public.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Glasses Cloud Sky Plant Eye

I think google might have caught him walking to work one day though:

View attachment 191222

View attachment 191223

I've always said that one of the things I fear the most is Google. The amount of info they provide to the public is unfathomable... just think about all the info they DON'T provide to the public.
Haha, that's not me, this is me:

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
lol welcome to the forum you REAL HUMAN BEING YOU

1 - 16 of 16 Posts