that will give the juke some off-road ability

please correct me if am wrong and excuse me for my bad english cause

its a second language.

p.s i dont care about fuel consumption because in saudi

one gallon of 95 octane equals 0.6$ hahahaha gas is cheaper than water

·
Registered
76 Posts
If gas is not an issue but offroad ability is I see no reason to get a Juke.

I'd look into a jeep or something that has a heavier duty off road 4wd system. One of the reasons the Juke has a light duty on road AWD system is to maximize MPG.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but other offroaders not cool like juke

also serious offreaders are expensive

i want something cool smart small which is juke

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
and am not offroading 24/7

its only two month a year and its like 30-45 minutes of fun so i dont need an suv

i need some thing to go wherever i wanted to go

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
I'm sure that for your limited use, simply switching it into 4x4 mode will work very well.

Since we still can't even get custom engine tuning software, an upgrade to the AWD "programming" is certainly even further off in the future. And chances are you'll never see such software available.

A basic 4x4 Jeep isn't any more expensive than a Juke. Their differentials and transfer cases are modified all the time, and parts are readily available.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks bro i love the juke and i cant find any rivals in the market

p.s suv's are so expensive in Saudi Arabia

e.g 2006 jeep grand cherokee srt-8 with million mile odometer priced 35k

any suv here are expensive

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have very little confidence in this answer, and it is a really stupid thing to do, but if you look at the diagram for the rear drive connector I've attached I would assume that if you jumped the L+/L-/R+/R- to the battery it would engage the clutch on whichever side.

In no way am I saying this should work, I didn't read through the rest of the details on the differential. I don't know if they are amp or voltage variable inputs to allow for different power transmission rates.

One more time, I don't have any evidence that would work, but my first guess is that it would. There is a link on the forums here somewhere to go to the nissan service manual website where you can browse through the service manuals for like 20 bucks or something. Might be worth looking at more closely.

Attachments

·
Registered
849 Posts
No, the rear wheels always vectors. Awd just forces the rear wheels to stay engaged all the time, where vectoringallows the rear wheels to drop out during decel and light throttle. The juke has the equivalent of a lock differential in the rear. To be accurate there is no diff, just a direct ring and pinion. The clutches on the axle shafts control the differential action which is why the system always if in a,vectoring mode when using the awd.

In theory, you could force a"locked"rear end by fooling the steering angle sensor so that the awd computer alway s thought the c car was going straight. This of course would put an incredible amount of stress on the clutches and rear gear set. Don't even think about it unless you are on very loose terrain.

·
Registered
849 Posts
The Juke has a crap load of electronics and I believe there is a company in Euro that has be able to reflash the ecu. There's a thread mentioning such active now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am also in saudi arabia and currently owns a juke. My real problem is that jukes are so rare here so i am having a hard time looking for shops who are selling spare parts. I am a second owner and apparently the first owner made an accident so I need to repair/change some parts. I just bought it without even checking it 😞 I just wanted to own one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts