1041 - 1060 of 1067 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,536 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,042
That's what happens when you unsubscribe to this boring thread haha. How are things going up north?

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Stop by Reading Pa on your way.......
I will!
That's what happens when you unsubscribe to this boring thread haha. How are things going up north?
Not sure why I wasn't getting any notifications all of a sudden. We are still in state of emergency until end of the month. Not sure if it will be extended again, but few stores are opening (excluding malls) and some parks have opened, which caused hundreds of people to gather together so now it's a matter of time before the second wave hits!

·
Super Moderator
1,730 Posts
I've noticed if you don't visit a thread after an update alert but you clear your alerts (click on your account icon, go to alerts then navigate anywhere else but the thread that was updated) you won't get notified of subsequent alerts.

Sounds like you're doing a coast to coast USA trip. haha. stop by Milwaukee, WI on your way.... Our state just abruptly re-opened everything as the state supreme court overturned our shutdown/stay-at-home order... still waiting to see how that is going.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,045
Any of you people have the crazy riots going on close to you? Its still madness over here. Guess some people broke into a Dodge dealer last night and took some Hellcats for a joy ride. Supposedly around 2 today, there is going to be a protest pretty much right in front of my work. Seeing how things have been going, and how ghetto it is over here, it may turn into a riot. What that might mean is an early day for me!

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
stop by Milwaukee, WI on your way....
Never been to Milwaukee before. Are there lots of breweries there? I didn't realize how far the State of Wisconsin is. I guess not as far as California though.
Any of you people have the crazy riots going on close to you?
No riots near me, but I don't live close to downtown Toronto. I think the riots are more in the US. I did see the videos of people looting. I like how the cops wait for the people to come out of the stores and then just slap at the items so that they fall out of their hands! My favourite was the guy with the pile of shoe boxes. He picks out his shoes then as he comes out and sees he cops, he throws them all up into the air and runs away without a single shoe box!
What that might mean is an early day for me!
You can go join in the fun and take a joy ride too!

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,047
No riots near me, but I don't live close to downtown Toronto. I think the riots are more in the US. I did see the videos of people looting. I like how the cops wait for the people to come out of the stores and then just slap at the items so that they fall out of their hands! My favourite was the guy with the pile of shoe boxes. He picks out his shoes then as he comes out and sees he cops, he throws them all up into the air and runs away without a single shoe box!
You mean you cant see the NY riots from across the lake!? This would be the perfect opportunity for you to up your shoe collection at no charge. Just got to get everything across the border (or take a boat). But ya, its just the US doing the riots. I am sure everyone around the world has heard about them though. Most of the shops around here are boarded up so that no one can break their windows. Guess people have nothing better to do since most people arent working...

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
The big stores in downtown Toronto are boarded up as well since no one is there to monitor the stores. There's no way for me to get across the border anyways, even if I wanted to go. Borders are closed I heard.

·
Super Moderator
10,536 Posts
The big stores in downtown Toronto are boarded up as well since no one is there to monitor the stores. There's no way for me to get across the border anyways, even if I wanted to go. Borders are closed I heard.
Oh No She is trapped like a Rat..... I mean Cat.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Unless I swam over...🏊‍♀️

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,051
Race is this weekend. Tons of restriction including no guest. So its going to be a bit odd. I am only allowed to bring 1 "crew member" per day.

But the Evo decided it was going to blow the insides out of one of the front coilovers yesterday as I drove home from golfing.

Maybe its just my bad luck but this always happens to me. If you remember, a week before my last race, the clutch went out.

So, I ripped out the coilover last night and took it to the manufacture this morning. They are only about 45 min away from my house at least (part of the reason I went with them). They said they should have it done and fixed tomorrow. That will leave me one night to install it and one day to get the car aligned. Cutting it close as always. Good news is that the weather looks like it will be nearly perfect for the weekend. I was really hoping it wasnt going to be +100° and that dream should come true!

·
Super Moderator
10,536 Posts
Oh jeez. Your luck sounds like mine.

So I am looking at three cars now after 2 weeks of shopping and research. I have spent hundreds of hours Visiting dealers. Reviews. Youtube videos.Test drives.

Lots of bad dealer experience. I walked out of 5 dealers right in the middle of the sale/deal etc. Unreal how they can stay in business with such incompetence and or lack of ethics.

Ford Edge ST. The 2.7 twin turbo rocks. Not like the SHO but I have the tuner and can tune her and the 2.7 has more headroom as its not tuned from the factory as much as the 3.5tt.

Volvo XC60 T6 R-Design. Yep a mouthful but she has a 2.0 liter Supercharged & Turbo Charged motor that runs faster than the Edge St. Volvos rock. I was shocked.

Acura RDX Advanced Package. The Least sporty but its an Acura and will hold value. I looked at an A-Spec but it lacks some features we are after.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,053
My vote is for the Volvo. Looks really cool plus being twin charged..... its a no brainer haha.

·
Super Moderator
10,536 Posts
Well. Choices go changed.

Volvo XC60 is not that quick and the Front Center console stack is so out of date for storage/phone. only 2 USB and they are in the arm rest. It is quite sad actually plus your foot is rubbing the firewall while driving and no knee room to the right. You gotta keep your leg straight inline with the accel pedal. You cant lean it to the right. Way too cramped on your right leg.

So 2020 Edge ST with 21" wheels.

Acura RDX Advanced pack. The A-Spec does NOT come with active dampening suspension and other sport options the "SPort" model A-Spec should.......

Volvo XC40 T5 R-Design.

I will post pics tomorrow.

RDX Adv has AMAZING adjustable seats. Active dampening works well. Best stereo out of them AUDIO wise imho. In fact all the cars I tested. Thats is saying a lot.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,056
Cant wait to see which one you end up with. They all seem pretty nice!

Got my Evos coilover back last night. Threw it on and all is good again. Alignment today, racing all this weekend!

·
Super Moderator
10,536 Posts
Thats a good thing to hear. We need to get back to normal and dont even mention this will be the new normal....... ;)

Down to the two Edge STs and the RDX Advance. No way near as fast as the SHO. Not worried about that tho I will yearn for something faster than the Juke.

The Edge photos I took. The RDX is Web. I forgot to snap one.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,058
I am not really a fan of red or blue vehicles.... So I dont like any of them haha. Ok, well the top blue one isnt too bad.

·
Super Moderator
10,536 Posts
Top is an Edge ST in Ford Blue. Its not flat. Its metallic. I hate flat paint so these are all metallic.

The Acura is a very dark blue metallic.

The Ford Red is more like maroon metallic. It is not red, Donno why the camera enhanced the color.

But its the wifes choice.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,060
Its Monday and I am beat. Long weekend of racing. Saturday it was 95° out and the track got super greasy. I spun the Evo through the finish line doing about 60 mph haha. Didnt hit any cones though! Sunday was much better as it only got to 80°. Managed to bring home a 3rd place finish. Got beat by a GT3RS and a $100k Focus RS, both with professional drivers. However, I did my normal thing and beat every Vette out there including a C8!

1041 - 1060 of 1067 Posts