Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1021 - 1040 of 1050 Posts

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,021
Ya la county has it pretty bad. I'm in san Bernardino county so it's a lot better out here. Way less people per square mile.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,022
Went for a nice little (120 mile) mountain cruise on Saturday with a few buddies. Beautiful 70° weather up there but there were a ton of people out driving slow, not pulling over and ruining the fun....

·
Super Moderator
10,418 Posts
Covidiots .......

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,024
I like that. Going to start using it now haha.

·
Super Moderator
10,418 Posts
I have been saying that for a while.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,026
Where is catwoman at? Finally got a shoe picture going through this thread.

·
Super Moderator
10,418 Posts
I got some PUMA's for Driving.......

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,028
I tried that route. These are way better. Still have my pumas haha.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,029
Man, these riots are getting out of control. They set our local DMV on fire yesterday. Granted where the DMV is at it is the super ghetto part of town, so I am not too surprised. Good thing I live as far outside of the city as possible. Doubt the riots will find their way up to my area.

·
Super Moderator
10,418 Posts
Yeah. Like what are they solving ?

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,031
They are solving nothing. Just making everything worse. Looks like we now get a curfew of 8pm thanks to all this non sense. One county over has curfew at 6pm. 2020 is definitely going to be a year to remember.

There are going to be a lot of changes for me too. The other half is now not my other half. House is going up for sale as soon as I am done fixing it up. Going to buy a piece of land in the mountains and build a custom house with a huge garage (I think its mandatory that the garage is twice the size of the house). Bug is going to be sold sometime soon (its almost all back together again) so I can fund another project. Either a Lotus or DF Goblin. And then who knows whats going to happen from there. Crazy year so far to say the least.

·
Super Moderator
1,686 Posts
building a house is a fun but stressful experience. I still wish I had actually followed through with getting the footings for a lift in the 3rd garage bay poured even if I waited to install the lift. I may not need the thicker footings (at least a 4"-6" poured concrete floor) but haven't looked into the requirements for the lift. At least I got the extra long 3rd bay. My juke and mini cooper will fit nuts to butt just barely if I remove the work bench at the end. Oh and don't let @catwoman know you're whereabouts. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,033
Squirt - I hear you about being a stressful experience. I can only imagine what it's going to be like. The good news is that my parents have a house behind their house that they said I can use rent free. So I will at least have a place to stay while the long process takes place.

So I take it you have been through the whole house building process before? If so, I got some questions for you. Maybe more than some....

Hey if cat wants to come down here, that's on her. She can experience these riots first hand! They are so bad that we closed shop early today cause they said they are shutting down a couple main highways so that no one elses gets run over by fedex trucks haha. Again, I am so far out of the main city, I have nothing to worry about but my work is in a very bad spot. We will see what happens tonight, if anything. Gun is loaded and near by just incase.

·
Super Moderator
1,686 Posts
@Storm Trooper sure, if you've got questions, fire away. I just finished a 10-month construction in January. sold a house, bought the land, worked with a builder and built. Whole process from looking for land to final move took about 18 months. You're lucky to have a place to live rent free the whole time. I rented a house from my at the time manager/owner of the company which wasn't bad, I got to walk to work everyday till I changed jobs. We were cramped in a tiny place for sure, but it was the only way we could store our stuff and cars without paying a small fortune for street parking.

The riots have been somewhat tame by me in Milwaukee. Nothing like a few years ago with the Sherman Park riots. right now it's a 9pm curfew no one really pays attention to. some looters but mostly just people walking in the street, driving on the sidewalk or the wrong way on a divided street or through parks.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,035
Squirt - no doubt I'll be in a cramped place too. It might be 700 sq ft? But it would be just me and the kid and only at night. So I can do that no problem. Storing all my vehicles and other junk is a different story...

So main question is - when you started the process and since you owned the land (I'll pay cash for the land too), did your contractor offer something like a price per sq ft? I have heard it's something like $75 to $150 a sq ft depending on how crazy you want to go. Just need to make sure I'm in the ballpark.

Also, did you go with a conventional wood structure or pre manufactured steel? I have been looking into the steel buildings since I would be in a bad fire area.

Did you also get a construction loan and then refi when it was all done?

·
Super Moderator
1,686 Posts
nope, the price per sq ft must be a regional thing but not in our area or the midwest. I mean it is a metric used in pricing a house to sell or looking to buy, but none of the builders we talked to mentioned it. Most either wanted to know what our budget was or had a "base price" but kept the specs a closely guarded secret. We went conventional wood frame but we don't see fires, just seasonal flooding and severe storms (hail, tornados, wind) and cold. we also went construction loan which automatically converts to a traditional mortgage at the end of construction with no additional fees but your interest rate is variable during construction. They let you lock in the rate about 45 days out from the final payment draw which is sometimes lower.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I wasn't getting any notifications until squirtbrnr mentioned my name in his post.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I thought everyone was just being quiet and taking it easy...guess I was wrong!

1021 - 1040 of 1050 Posts