1001 - 1020 of 1049 Posts

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
What's a bung???

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Okay I looked it up and it's a stopper for closing up a hole...he's closing his hole? :LOL:

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,003
I am actually going to make a hole to put the bung in. Then I get to weld the bung to my pipe. After that, I get to stick my temp sensor in it. But before I do any of that, I need to make sure that it goes in far enough that the tip sticks out. Sounds pretty fun right?

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Are you still talking about your car? I'm getting a bit excited with all this talk! :D

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,005
Oh ya, everything I said is spot on for what I am going to do to. I just put my sensor in the bung and the tip sticks out. So good there. Now to just drill the hole and weld it in place. Things are about to heat up, literally. Its 90° out (or 32°C for you other people) and I get to put my welding suit on....

·
Super Moderator
10,417 Posts
LMAO

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,007
Bung has been welded. It's been a while since I have welded aluminum but apparently I still got it!

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
That is one clean looking bung! 😎

·
Super Moderator
10,417 Posts

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,010
That is one clean looking bung! 😎
The bung thanks you!

Didnt have any time last night to put it back together so that will happen later today. Then testing time! It will be nice to log actual intake temps now.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,011
I got the evo professionally detailed today. 100% worth it since I dont have the time and 100% needed it. The paint is silky smooth now and shines great!

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Looks fresh! Ready to **** **** up!

·
Super Moderator
10,417 Posts
Looking Great !!!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,014
Thanks guys. It really needed it. It had no reflection before. Now its like a mirror! I normally dont like paying people to work on my car when its something I can do myself but this was worth it!

·
Super Moderator
10,417 Posts

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,016
I am not really sold on ceramic coating just yet. Some people say its great and some stay its just not worth it. And then some say once its on, its on. The only way to get it off is to sand it off. That doesnt sound fun. For now, I will stick to normal wax. Its not like my Evo gets out much anyways. Just hides away in the garage.

·
Super Moderator
10,417 Posts
I am not going to coat the car mind you because of what I read and like you said. Going to experiment on Black trim etc.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,018
Ahh, got it. Well let me know how it goes then! I have some black trim that has seen better days. Mostly plastic stuff though.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,019
Well they finally got my race rescheduled. Looks like its going to be June 27th and 28th. Its only been like 7 months since I last raced....

·
Super Moderator
10,417 Posts
Thats amazing.

News we get from Cali here is LA County wont even have school til After Jan 1st.

1001 - 1020 of 1049 Posts