Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

921 - 940 of 951 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #921
I do have a slingshot and a ton of rocks haha. I was also thinking my potato cannon would work pretty good. Just drop a handful of rock in it once the potato is loaded and it would become a very big shotgun.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
A potato cannon?

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #923
Ya.... Its big and black and when you play with it, things go flying out its tip. Its quite fun actually. You just have to hold on to it with a tight grip when the explosion happens or you will go flying!

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
When you say it's big, how big are ya talking? I'm small with small arms so I might not be able to hold onto it tight enough and what if it explodes in my face? Could I get injured?

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #925
Its about 4.5ft long (140cm in your language). Bigger then most I must say. If you can somehow get it to blow in your face, well I dont know.... That would take some skill. I mean the happy button is at the other end of where its projectile would blow out. I guess you could get creative and use your feet to set it off. But I will say, if that was to happen, its a pretty big explosion and I dont think you would live to tell others about it. I call it a cannon for a reason....

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I'm having a hard time visualizing it. Perhaps a pic would help. And does a potato fly out of it? Would it cause a mess where I would need to wear protective clothing?

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #927
Well yes a potato flies out of it. Hence the name potato cannon.... it causes a mess when the potato hits something but no mess to the person hitting the happy button and making it launch. It will shoot a potato over 2-3 football fields so its got quite a kick. If you truly are a smaller person, it might knock you over. But I do have to say, with all this non sense going on, I cant use it since there are no potatoes at the store....

Not the best picture but should kinda get the point across.

·
Super Moderator
10,135 Posts
Well yes a potato flies out of it. Hence the name potato cannon.... it causes a mess when the potato hits something but no mess to the person hitting the happy button and making it launch. It will shoot a potato over 2-3 football fields so its got quite a kick. If you truly are a smaller person, it might knock you over. But I do have to say, with all this non sense going on, I cant use it since there are no potatoes at the store....

Not the best picture but should kinda get the point across. View attachment 187929
LOL That's awesome.

·
Super Moderator
10,135 Posts
Oh and if you get here. I can give you a gun. My safes are full. haha ;)

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #930
Mac - you got it! I'll let you know when I'm on my way!

I decided since work is slowing down, might as well clock out early and use a lift to work on the Evo. I have had a warped down pipe flange for who knows how long. I have had a new flange to weld on for months now but no time to do it. So today it happened! My tig skills arent what they used to be....

·
Super Moderator
10,135 Posts
Certainly passable. Look good to me.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #932
Well I put about 50 miles on it and it hasnt fallen off or started leaking. So I guess that works. Apparently it was a bad enough leak to throw my tune off during low RPM. I had to tweak the tune a little bit but it runs much smoother now. Sadly, my extra choppy idle is now back to almost smooth. You can still tell it has some cams but no where near what it sounded like before....

And then some other news, what I figured was going to happen. My race that is in 2 weeks, the first one of the year, got cancelled. And there is talk about CA staying in lock down mode until June. It seems like this years race season is going to be a waste.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I forgot your birthday Storm Trooper!! 🎂🎈

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #934
Ya you did..... now you owe me.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
But did I?? Better check again!!

·
Super Moderator
10,135 Posts
Happy Belated !!!

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #937
Cat - you said you were going to wait until Sunday, not Monday. That means you forgot!

Mac - Thanks!

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
i was in west coast time and therefore it was still Sunday! :D

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #939
West coast time would still have been Monday. Maybe you were in Hawaii or Alaska?

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Uhh yeah...Hawaii! Aloha!!

921 - 940 of 951 Posts