Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

761 - 771 of 771 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,840 Posts
Oh Geez. Dont make more work for your self. Its just starting to get her where you want her.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #762
Ya I know what you mean. But..... I think the turbo is coming back off again. 3rd time now. We are going to test a different exhaust wheel to see if it helps with spool and not kill back pressure / top end too much.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #763
Well I may have a pleasant surprise! When I got the Cobalt, the owner said it had a rod knock and needed an engine. I believed him. Well, I fired it up and let it run for a bit last night. First off, it does not sound like a rod knock. It actually sounded perfectly fine for the first 5 min. Sounds more like the timing chain is hitting something. I pulled the oil filter and there is no metal stuck to it and the oil is not shiny. This really leads me to think its not a rod knock now. The PO also said he drove it 3 miles home knocking and if it was truly a rod, it would have thrown a rod in that amount of time and the oil filter would have been covered in metal chunks. So, this weekend, I will be popping off the valve cover to hopefully find the source of the noise. I am going to be beyond thrilled if this thing doesnt actually need an engine! Score of a lifetime! Hopefully...

·
Super Moderator
9,840 Posts
Video tape / Youtube the noise if possible. Would love to hear it.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #765 (Edited)
I will see if I can get a video this weekend. I took one last night but it wasnt making the noise at the time. I do have to say though, the exhaust is way too loud. Its twice as loud as my Evo. Not what I want for a DD. The cool thing is, they have some China specials on ebay for like $200 shipped. Cant beat that for a full stainless cat back.

Edit - I take that back. Cat back is only $140 shipped haha.

·
Super Moderator
9,840 Posts
China Numbah One. lol

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #767
That reminds me of the Chinese food place by my brothers house. Its called China One. Seriously the best Chinese food place around!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #768
Well my buddy got his Evo dynoed. He has pretty much the exact same setup as me, turbo and all. Made some good power. Glad to see this is exactly where I should be.

·
Super Moderator
9,840 Posts
Wowzers.

Why did we buy a Juke again ? lol

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I ask myself that same question all the time! ☹

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #771
Jukes are awesome! No question about that. Why do you think I owned 2? I almost shed a tear when the last one left.... it will be missed. Those seats, I miss them most, even though the other half said they tired to rape her every time she got in it. Those with Recaros know what I mean.

Power potential though.... ya not quite there. At the end of the day, it's still a 1.6L. The Evo is a power cheater. Simple bolt ons equal crazy power. I really do love this car. First one out of 50+ cars I can say that about. Probably the fastest car I have ever owned as well. 4th gear pulls to 120 mph go by faster than you can imagine. Never seen a speedo move that fast. It's just plain awesome.

761 - 771 of 771 Posts