Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

741 - 760 of 776 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,858 Posts
Maybe it will get a whiteout for a while.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #742
That would be cool but I doubt it. If you go 15 min north of my house (which is about 2500ft up), then yes. Been in a few white outs up there.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #743
Update time!

Snow got close but we got none. However, my dad went to his house in the mountains and they got like 3ft.

Now that the weather is better, it back to Evo time. All my parts are here so why not start the fun. First up, getting all the old timing components off.

From there, it was turbo swap time. This was actually pretty easy. Took about 2 hours.

Next up are the cams and valve springs. The valve springs are going to be the time consuming part. I also got an ATI balancer which is going to be no fun to install. That will be last when I am throwing on the new timing belt. Then finally, tuning time once more!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #744
Progress! Waiting on more parts to show up now... valve seals to be specific.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #745
New valve springs are finally installed. That was no fun.... Only took a week. Now I can get back to the less time consuming stuff and get this thing running again, hopefully before the end of the year.

·
Super Moderator
9,858 Posts
They look nice and shiny. Well the retainers do.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #747
Good'ol titanium right there! Too bad they will never be seen again... I cant wait for this thing to get back together so I can drive it again. Its been too long!

And more progress at a snails pace! One belt and one pulley installed. That is all.

·
Super Moderator
9,858 Posts
Thats a beefy toothed belt.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #749
Thats the small belt. Wait until you see the one for the cams.

But belts still suck.... I would much rather have a chain, like the Evo X has. Wouldnt have to change it every 5 years like you are supposed to do with belts.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #750
Got the Evo most of the way done. Should be running tomorrow as my schedule is cleared out and will be used for Evo bonding time.

And then I may have bought another car....

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #751
The Evo is officially back up and running! Right in time for a weeks worth of rain. So now that I can start driving it again, I wont cause its raining... One thing after another.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #752
Merry Christmas everyone! Got off work early yesterday and it wasnt raining. So what did I do? Start tuning the Evo! Only had time to tune up to 24 psi but it's way faster then before. Curious to see what it's going to to do with another 4 psi. But the new turbo spools wierd. It starts making boost 500 rpm sooner but peaks boost 200 rpm later then the factory turbo. That meaning, it's a very smooth spool up. Just doesnt have that mean kick it had before. But it pulls hard to 8000 rpm where the stock one died off hard at 6500 rpm. I need to track it to see how it's going to work.

And in the other news. The Cobalt has landed at my house. Should be a fun DD when I am done with it.

·
Super Moderator
9,858 Posts
Oh wow. An SS.

Still rocking the Saturn tho ?

Merry Christmas.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #754
Yep still rocking the Saturn for now. The engine is getting pretty loud in it so I dont think its going to be alive much longer. Its about at 235K miles anyways. Thats mostly the reason for getting the Cobalt. But...... The Cobalts engine makes even more noise then the Saturns! I will be rebuilding its engine before I drive it which is going to take some time. Time that I dont really have.

But ya, the Cobalt is an 09 SS with the 2.0L turbo engine. I will be returning it pretty much back to stock besides having a tune on it. Supposedly they make about 280whp and 320wtq with a tune only. That should make a fun DD while still being reliable.

·
Super Moderator
1,581 Posts
I've heard about the Cobalt kinda like the Dodge Neon. People started realizing the ratings on the engine were really low compared to what people were reliably able to get out of them.

·
Premium Member
2,201 Posts
My buddy's SRT-4 that I recently detailed has like 650whp. Some of them Neons do not play. His is obviously extremely built but still on the original 2.4L.

I've heard about the Cobalt kinda like the Dodge Neon. People started realizing the ratings on the engine were really low compared to what people were reliably able to get out of them.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,581 Posts
That curb rash on the front splitter though... Haha.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #758
Squirt - yes the cars are in the same generation and are direct competitors. I was actually looking at the the SRT-4s and then remembered, yep still a neon. Haha. The cobalt is at least one step ahead of it. Hopefully. I mean it if it was a 4 door, it would at least have power rear windows unlike the neon.

Jukelear - I have seen some crazy builds out of them. They make some crazy power pretty easily. But they are still fwd at the end of the day. Only so much power you can put to the ground. That's why I want to keep the car close to stock. I have the Evo to rip around for fun anyways. And man, with the new mods, it's just stupid. And to think the boost still needs to go up....

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #759
You know it's kinda of funny, I say the saturn is on its way out, yet we still chose it to take down to mexico today... we have a nice 2017 lexus but yet we ended up in the Saturn... Some things dont make sense. At least if anything happens to it down here, I really wont care.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #760
I got the Evos tune good up to 27 psi. That's where I am going to stop until I can put it on the dyno. I have a feeling that if I add in more boost, I am going to pass up the safe limit of 400wtq. But I think it is just about all of 500whp at the moment. It rips like none other now. It's hard not to hit the rev limiter in 1st-3rd cause it revs so fast and just does not stop pulling. Rev limiter is set to 8100 but I still feel like it needs to go higher. Again, cant really tell until I can put it on the dyno. Wish we had an awd one at work....

741 - 760 of 776 Posts