Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

721 - 740 of 743 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #721
That is a ton of TQ! Evos are the opposite. More HP than TQ, always, no matter what the setup is. That would be very fun having all that TQ.

I am surprised there arent more options out there for you. Isnt the engine used in a lot of different vehicles? Or is this mostly just SHO specific items like down pipes and such that dont really exist?

Whats crazy about the Evo world is that even though they came out in 03 and are now up to 16 years old, the aftermarket support is still insane. You can literally build a car from 100% aftermarket parts. Its the OEM parts that are getting hard to find. And with so few Evos of my generation built, junk yard cars just dont exist.

·
Super Moderator
9,753 Posts
Yeah my Son has a 1992 Turbo MR2. No wrecks around.

The Evo is way more fun to drive I would assume. The Ecoboost platform is the same in the SHO, Flex, and Explorer. The Trucks have bigger turbos that dont fit the cars. So there are not many parts interchangeable between the trucks and the cars. Its just not popular enough for people to make parts. But what parts are there. It does work well. Just like the Juke. The biggest thing is the trans. Once you get to the 600 whp or wtq range. Its just a matter of time. No way to make it stronger.

So Hot pipes and intake Manifold pipe. Intake. CHRA wheels(these can be skipped). IC. HPFP. HiFlow DPs. Engine Mounts. Leave the oem mufflers in place. Tune for E30+ and you got an 11.5-11.8 second DD Land Yacht.

You can get built motors too but the trans fails b4 the motor will.

If I was to do it over. I would have gotten a FLEX with the 3.5tt. That would be a sleeper. Not quite as fast but man it would be quite the shocker.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #723
The Evo is a blast to drive. I have owned at least 30 different vehicles in my life and the Evo is by far my favorite so far. You will never drive anything like it. Closest things I can think of are a lotus and my bug. Its truly a race car that is street legal.

A flex would be awesome! Like you said, that would be the ultimate sleeper. Even if it ran a 12 flat, it would take most cars. I assume you can get those in awd too?

What about the mustang's? Did they get the same turbos as the trucks? How about the raptor? Any different turbos on it? Sucks about the trans too. Is that the same across the lineup too or is your car fwd based?

You only mention e30 too, why not e85?

·
Super Moderator
9,753 Posts
Ok lets see.

Flex came with AWD and they hit around 12.5 if that. They are pretty heavy.

SHO is FWD and only goes awd when there is slippage like with the Juke.

I didnt want a Mustang because well. 2 Door and Its like everyone has one. They dont come with the 3.5 Ecoboost. Strange ? Like why not? But they do tune very well on their Inline 2.4 Ecoboost. The V8's are Meh but they sound Awesome. Unless you get a $$$$$ Mustang GT 350 etc.

Raptors and the Shelby trucks are just $$$$$$$.

The SHO is OEM fuel pump limited so E30-E40 is the sweet spot before rail pressure is too low to be reliable. A Fuel pump is $1500 but thats cheap insurance per say. The Fast guys run the new pumps and a blend. No one that I know of runs Full E85 even with the new pumps. Too much torque etc ? Not sure.

Like I said before. This platform is still evolving because it is small. Lots of what was done lets say prior to 2017. It was not working because some parts were not around. Fuel Pump. Engine mounts. Intercooler to name a few. Better tuning also is around. However People had wheel hop. Low fuel pressure. High Intake temps. Thusly Very few broke into the 11's.

Its funny when I look back at my posts. Asking about better tires with Lighter rims. Engine mounts. Intercooler. Etc. I was put in my place. Now 2 years later. Voila. At least someone pushed through.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #725
I could have sworn that you could get a Mustang with the 3.5 Ecoboost? Maybe those were older models? And I am assuming that when you are talking about being fuel pump limited, you are talking about the high psi pump not the in-tank pump? Those GT350Rs though.... I wouldnt mind one. There are always a couple at the races and they just sound awesome!

Well, now I have gone and done it. When things go on sale, its hard for me to resist. So my simple timing belt job just turned into a way bigger job. You know something like cams and valve springs... Figured I am going to be doing 90% of the work with the timing belt so whats another 10% to throw in some cams? And on top of that, it looks like my turbo is done being built. So I might as well throw that on at the same time so I only have to re-tune once. Should net me 500whp or so after all that with a nice lopey idle. I am turning this thing into a monster!

But before I put the Evo down for a while, I need to wait and see what my oil analysis comes back looking like. The oil didnt look too good. Its only 3 months old, 1500 miles, 4 auto-x events and 1 drag race event. If they come back and say I have metal in the oil, well then, looks like the stroker build is coming sooner then later. I hope not cause that will mean it probably wont be back together in time for race season.

·
Super Moderator
9,753 Posts
Mustangs came with a V6 years ago but it was NA.

The SHO HPFP is limited on E30-E40 blends. I have an E85 tune for my SHO. Its just "Detuned" so it does not ask for too much fuel. Its better butt dyno than stock for sure.

Then as you scale in power with the upgraded HPFP. The LPFP limits power. There is a LPFP in the works right now.

As far as your build. Geez. How many miles on her ? Well if you do a total tear down at least the clutch will hold. Haha

Funny thing with the SHO. You can get a tuner to give it a Ghost cam idle. Sounds funny coming out of a Land Yacht.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #727
I really could have sworn that there was some sort of Mustang that had that engine! But after looking around, you are correct. Someone must have done an engine swap on one cause I know I have seen one!

Ahh, that makes sense on the limited ethanol blends. Not much you can do if the fuel psi cant keep up...

The Evo just turned over 68k miles. I got it with 54k on it. Not too bad for a 13 year old car. Your Juke may hit that mileage in what? Like another 30 years? Haha

I am excited to see what kind of monster I turn the Evo into. Should be more than enough power. Once I build the stroker engine, I think I will be done with modifying it for power. Then it will be on to how to fit 315 wide tires at all 4 corners. I think I might need a wide body for that though.

·
Super Moderator
9,753 Posts
My Juke will never see 50k miles. LOL

Geez. If you won the Autocross with what you have now......

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #729
Haha you need to drive it more! You cant take it to the grave with you so enjoy it while you can.

For this up coming season, I am going to be in the "pro" class. I will need the extra power to keep up. I beat a few of them last year but not all of them. Now I am out for blood!

·
Super Moderator
9,753 Posts
Do this then.......

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #731
I have seen that video before. That Evo is insane! Too much power for me.

But on another note, my custom turdblow is done and here!

·
Super Moderator
9,753 Posts
Ohhhhhh Shiny !!!

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #733
At this point I am just waiting on my cams to come in and it will be time to tear down the car and add in all the goodies. Its going to be a pretty long project since I dont have much free time. But it will all be worth it!

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #734
Alright everyone, or just Macgyer.... dont think anyone else comes to visit down here. As promised, Hoonigan has released the video with me in it. Now you can put a face to the name and see what I get to deal with everyday haha. Hope you enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
9,753 Posts
LS Swap the Juke !!!

I didnt know you guys did Sand buggies.

Here is the Fastest SHO with a stuck injector. 130k miles. LOL.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #736
Ya off road stuff is our main business. Less rules that we have to abide to that way. CARB is out of control and they make a lot of unscheduled visits just to try to fine us for stuff. So we try to keep the street cars to a minimum. I dont know if you have heard about all our new smog laws but its pretty much impossible to get a car that has been tuned to pass now. There are some background numbers that the ECU stores and if you change the tune, those numbers change too. And of course, the smog machines look for those specific numbers now. Before, all they cared about was that the ECUs VIN number matched the car and that there were no codes being set. Now its VIN #, ROM ID, total bytes and a CVN number. It really sucks.

·
Super Moderator
9,753 Posts
That does suck. That's Cali for ya. ;) lol

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #738
Yep you know it. But here is the one good thing about CA. Yesterday it was about 70° out at my house. Nice and sunny but super windy. Me and a few Evo buddies decided to go for a cruise. 30 min later, this is our view.

20191123_144152.jpg

And then another 30 min later we go back to this...

·
Super Moderator
9,753 Posts
LOL We have that in Pa all the time. One minute its snowing and the next its 50deg. LOL. No driving needed. In fact that was yesterday.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #740
The snow picture is from the "dark side" of the mountain. It literally never sees direct sunlight so the snow wont melt for months. Then the second picture is on the front side of the mountain where it always sees sun. But ya, that snow melted in less than a day.

This Wed and Thurs is supposed to bring us a huge storm. They are talking about massive flash floods and lots of snow. The cool thing is that its supposed to snow down to 2000ft which means it might snow at my house! And to top that off, the wind will still be here. So its going to be raining sideways!

721 - 740 of 743 Posts