Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

701 - 720 of 743 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #701
Clutch break in parameters are not in my favor. 500 miles of street driving..... Ya not going to happen in 1 day. I dont even drive my car that much in a month or even two. So there is another way, one that most people dont speak of. Think of it like bedding in brakes. Got to get the clutch so hot that it starts to slip to get a good material transfer. Then leave the car running with the clutch depressed, in gear and engine running until it cools down. Not ideal but it works.

·
Super Moderator
9,753 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #703
Haha I need to get one of those stickers! Would need to have bright green accents instead of the pink though haha.

I got the Evo 95% done last night! All that is left is to fill the t-case, trans and bleed the ACD system. After that, test drive time. I just have to hope my trans fluid shows up today like its supposed to.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #704
Well, the Evo made it to work this morning without the trans falling out so thats good. The new clutch is a bit touchy. Not quite an on/off switch like the one in the bug but it grabs way harder then the factory one. Going to take some getting used to. Racing is 100% on for this weekend!

·
Super Moderator
9,753 Posts
Thats awesome.

It should break in with a better / larger engage point I would assume.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #706
I hope it does break in and get less grabby. How it is, people probably think I am new to driving a manual haha. I actually stalled it yesterday going through the drive thru... First time ever.

·
Super Moderator
9,753 Posts
Drive thru or stalling or stalling in a drive thru. ;) lol

·
Super Moderator
9,753 Posts
Dayum !!!

Congratulations. That's awesome !!!

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #710
Thank you sir. Was nice to beat every single new vette (or just corvettes in general) out there with a 13 year old 4 cyl car. Gives me hope for next season. This car matches my driving style almost perfectly.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #711
I got some cool news for you guys. The guys who do all the Hoonigan videos (aka Ken Block videos) are here at the shop filming. They want me to be the person doing all the talking for the video they are making! So it looks like I might just come out in their next video. It may be a while but I will post a link to the video when it comes out.

·
Super Moderator
9,753 Posts
I got some cool news for you guys. The guys who do all the Hoonigan videos (aka Ken Block videos) are here at the shop filming. They want me to be the person doing all the talking for the video they are making! So it looks like I might just come out in their next video. It may be a while but I will post a link to the video when it comes out.
Now thats cool too. You are gonna be a star Hahaha.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #713
Well we are done filming. I dont think I did too good haha. I am not a camera friendly person.... You guys can laugh at me when it comes out.

·
Super Moderator
9,753 Posts
Well. Thats why people on screen get paid the big bucks. They make it look easy.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #715
Had a fun night last night. Had someone knocking on my door at 230 am. I was like WTF!? It was my neighbor. As soon as I opened the door I saw why he woke us up.

So ya.... we started to get ready to evacuate but somehow they kept the fire up past all the houses. The wind was blowing a bit east too which helped. That was a long night. Fire is still going this morning but I am going to say its under control, at least by my house.

·
Super Moderator
9,753 Posts
I assume all is well ?

This SHO guy gutted his interior. Almost broke into the 10's.

2013 with over 110k miles too.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #717
Yep all is good. Fire got pretty close but not close enough. It did get 6 houses in my neighborhood though.

That SHO is a quick one! What kind of power needs to be made to go that fast?

·
Super Moderator
9,753 Posts
Good to hear most are safe near you.

I dont know the power he has to be honest. I think at this point its the weight reduction doing most of the work.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #719
What is the typical power they make with full bolt ons, tune and e85?

·
Super Moderator
9,753 Posts
Prolly 450+whp 550+wtq . That will get you midish 11's. His weight reduction gets him to very low 11's. Nitrous will get him into the 10's.

Its actually like the Juke so to speak. Only so many parts to choose from. Narrow upgrade path. Bolt em on. Tune. She rips. Not complicated.

But damn. You will piss off a lot of cars on the street with the non weight reduced setup and mid 11's.

The guys are just starting to use Nitrous now. Only 25 to 35 shots. Crap. Engine mounts and an IC just came out. Crazy to think that we are further along modding here with the Juke than the SHO.

I proposed engine mounts after I got my SHO 2 years ago and they were like What? How will that help. Ask Manny. He was gonna make me a set.

701 - 720 of 743 Posts