Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

21 - 40 of 767 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Nope. It will never see dirt. Mostly auto-x and road course racing. But most importantly, terrorizing people on the streets!

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Well its been a while since I have really posted anything on here. I have been too busy playing with my toys. So an update is due. I have raced the Bug a few times, brought home a few trophies, made it in a magazine and then the season ended. So I am now building yet another engine for the Bug for the new season. Bigger and better this time. I have my first race in April for the new season. And yes I did take the Juke out to one of the auto-x events. Dont seem to have any pictures of it on this computer though.

Since my season is over, I got bored and got another vehicle to keep me occupied. I always have to be working on something... Since I have had many Jeeps in the past, I decided I could use another. So here is what I got.

Not in the best condition at all. So after replacing all the interior, front end, converting to 4wd, bigger tires, new wheels and some flares, we now get this.

I do feel bad for the Juke. It is still pretty much stock. Just turned over 20,000 miles. I have been devoting all my time in to vehicles I hardly drive haha. At this point, I might retire the Juke from being the DD and just hide it in the garage with the Bug. It seems like everything that gets parked in the garage gets all the upgrades and attention and keeps them safe from everything and everyone outside. Or, I dont want to say it, but I was considering selling it and getting a Nismo 370z....

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
EEKS! :vs_whistle:

WOW! *jealous*

Dont worry, its just a thought for the future. I would have to get rid of something first to be able to afford one. Those sucker are not cheap! Might just wait a year or two and snatch up a nice low mileage used one. Should shave at least 10k off the original price. Even the thought of selling the Bug (instead of the Juke) to get one crossed my mind. Then turn the Z in to a track specific car. MMM two white Nismos sitting next to each other in the garage would look quite nice....

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
Another update for the Bug. The old engine is out! Not a fun task but it is done. I will start building the new engine in another week or 2. Just got the last part I needed today. And it looks like the Bug made it in to another article. Link here You will also see the Fiesta and Fiat I cant take down in the Juke!

And now for the Jeep. I got my new lift all installed and sorted out. Rear locker is in. Front and rear ends have been regeared. All oil leaks fixed. And a few pictures from the last adventure.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Thanks! It has taken a lot of work to get them where where they are. Glad I can finally enjoy driving them. Well except the Bug for now.

·
Super Moderator
9,819 Posts
Well some peeps like building them. At least you are doing both.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
You know how projects go. They are never truly "done". There will always be something that breaks, wears out or needs to be upgraded. So I get to enjoy driving them until its time to put more work into them. But I do enjoy doing both. Especially the upgrading part!

·
Super Moderator
9,819 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Geez that thing is fast! Like too fast haha. I will be more then happy if mine breaks in to the 10s which is still plenty fast for me.

·
Super Moderator
9,819 Posts
Yeah that thing just got up and go'd. Whew.

I will take 12.5 with my SHO. Not sure what my Juke would do.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Get that SHO tuned and I dont see a 12.5 being a problem. I have a customer with a F150 with the same engine running 12.2s all day long with basic bolt ons and a tune.

Your Juke, I would say should be high 13s. Mine, mid 14s. Jukes are not drag cars haha.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Well I just got some bad news today. Looks like JE made my pistons wrong. Too big of a wrist pin, awesome. So much for building the engine next week. Hopefully its not another 4 month wait to get the replacement set. At least they admitted it was not my fault.

·
Super Moderator
9,819 Posts
So no Bugzilla for the time being.

Time to start driving the Juke........

Yeah if you could get AWD and a 6spd. OMG then she would be a drag car. You just cannot launch her well enough.

I am considering the 2J DP and IC. I already cannot put down the power but adding more powers is more fun than buying rims and tires.

I am in process of contacting a Tuner for my SHO. They are easy peasy to tune and do not need a lot of bolt ons to tune well. Sorta like the juke.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
No Bugzilla for a while it looks. If they tell me its going to be another 4 months, I have another short block built and just sitting in the garage that matches the first one. Might just throw that in and call it a day. But I really dont want to.

Ya it might be time to take the Juke out of hibernation. I do like driving the Jeep everyday though. It keeps me from speeding and I can run over whatever I want and not care. And it is amazing how much less I get cut off when driving it. Size does matter!

I am with you on modding. Go before show! Who cares how it looks, as long as it goes fast haha!

·
Super Moderator
9,819 Posts
Yes. My cars must Go Fast. Thats what I was telling the salesmen. I am looking for a Go Fast car. They were like what? I would say. A 5 second car. Oh they would respond.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Finally got some good news. New pistons should be here in a little over a week! Too bad my next race was supposed to be next weekend. That means the Bug will be back up and running right when the summer heat comes and its too hot to drive. Awesome.

On a side note, the Jeep made its first long road trip. 1116 miles in all with no issues. So the Jeep is now in hibernation and I have been driving the Juke. Got some more upgrades I want to do to the Jeep so back to DD duties for the Juke. Its nice to be driving something with a little power again.

21 - 40 of 767 Posts