Nissan Juke : Juke Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! So stoked to be here. Bought my 2016 Cherry red Nissan Juke in December at 27,000 miles (incorrectly listed at the dealer for 75,000) for a LOT of money (relatively speaking, it felt like a lot HAH). So now, I am on the absolute search mission to turn it into an absolute ricer mobile. It's just passed inspection again, with all necessary check-ups, and previously had only one owner who didn't drive it much.
I saw the user Jaxxa added suspension to their car, which is my next move. I would love a 3" suspension, and some huge tires, just to really get it off the ground. My other vehicle is a Jeep Grand Cherokee, and the vision difference is insane. Also, I live in NJ, the Wrangler capital of the United States, where people ride potholes like the Australian outback.
So far, I've added an entire internal lighting panel to be red like the outsides, steering wheel cover, shift knob replacement to a katana sword handle, seat covers, and more.

Any suggestions on proper suspension OR do any of you have wraps on your Juke on the outside??? How does it look?? I'm really going in.
To do: suspension and add bright red racing driver seat

·
Registered
2014 Nissan Juke Nismo
136 Posts
Do the gen 2’s not have the climate control screen?

·
Registered
2014 Nissan Juke Nismo
136 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh gotcha. I didn’t know that. Thanks! Also welcome to the forum! @zazzajukedup
Thanks!! And yeah, my version of the Juke is really the most basic model. Which, for me, is honestly fine. I wish that the Bluetooth connection was better but if I plug my iPhone in via wire it still plays over the sound system.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update: spoke to a mechanic about the suspension today! He reached out to Silver Suspension to ask for customs on my car. Should be very expensive (customs alone come at 1040 base price no tax) but I feel blessed that my full stimulus comes tomorrow!! So from there it’s just installation fees! One step at a time, am I right?

·
Premium Member
762 Posts
Update: spoke to a mechanic about the suspension today! He reached out to Silver Suspension to ask for customs on my car. Should be very expensive (customs alone come at 1040 base price no tax) but I feel blessed that my full stimulus comes tomorrow!! So from there it’s just installation fees! One step at a time, am I right?
Silvers adds an extension to a short-travel coilover shock body. So they are longer, but have less wheel travel.

Bilstein B6's have a couple of inches of additional travel over the stock shocks. Add on spring spacers or longer springs, and it will get you up around where you want to be. And lifetime warranty, inverted monotubes, etc.

Reactions: zazzajukedup

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you so much! I emailed my mechanic about it and included your suggestion! I’ll see what he says.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys! So stoked to be here. Bought my 2016 Cherry red Nissan Juke in December at 27,000 miles (incorrectly listed at the dealer for 75,000) for a LOT of money (relatively speaking, it felt like a lot HAH). So now, I am on the absolute search mission to turn it into an absolute ricer mobile. It's just passed inspection again, with all necessary check-ups, and previously had only one owner who didn't drive it much.
I saw the user Jaxxa added suspension to their car, which is my next move. I would love a 3" suspension, and some huge tires, just to really get it off the ground. My other vehicle is a Jeep Grand Cherokee, and the vision difference is insane. Also, I live in NJ, the Wrangler capital of the United States, where people ride potholes like the Australian outback.
So far, I've added an entire internal lighting panel to be red like the outsides, steering wheel cover, shift knob replacement to a katana sword handle, seat covers, and more.
View attachment 189642

Any suggestions on proper suspension OR do any of you have wraps on your Juke on the outside??? How does it look?? I'm really going in.
To do: suspension and add bright red racing driver seat
I do have a wrap and I just recently dropped the car as well. And I also put my fenders on yesterday. Running BC coil overs and have about 1.5” or a little less from tire to fender so I dropped it quite the amount and i have 1” spacers on all wheels. The wrap is a white, grey, black camo with the red paint the car came in. Aside from that I have, cat back straight pipe, 2j lightweight pulley, 2j wrinkle red hardpipes, 2j intake, optima yellow top battery, turbo smart kompact dual port BOV. I also have demon eyes and am waiting to install underglow hopefully by the end of next week

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I do have a wrap and I just recently dropped the car as well. And I also put my fenders on yesterday. Running BC coil overs and have about 1.5” or a little less from tire to fender so I dropped it quite the amount and i have 1” spacers on all wheels. The wrap is a white, grey, black camo with the red paint the car came in. Aside from that I have, cat back straight pipe, 2j lightweight pulley, 2j wrinkle red hardpipes, 2j intake, optima yellow top battery, turbo smart kompact dual port BOV. I also have demon eyes and am waiting to install underglow hopefully by the end of next week View attachment 189768
It looks SICK!! Its so funny--our Jukes look opposite to each other! I'm getting mine raised and has internal lighting and such, and yours has been lowered and has all sorts of cool external changes!! Can I see the whole car??? What state are you in???? I'll show you my new upgraded interiors!
Also--how did you have your fenders removed???

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I do have a wrap and I just recently dropped the car as well. And I also put my fenders on yesterday. Running BC coil overs and have about 1.5” or a little less from tire to fender so I dropped it quite the amount and i have 1” spacers on all wheels. The wrap is a white, grey, black camo with the red paint the car came in. Aside from that I have, cat back straight pipe, 2j lightweight pulley, 2j wrinkle red hardpipes, 2j intake, optima yellow top battery, turbo smart kompact dual port BOV. I also have demon eyes and am waiting to install underglow hopefully by the end of next week View attachment 189768
I really am speechless at how this looks--you should start a tiktok under #carmods with all these insane changes

·
Registered
2014 Juke Nismo | Brilliant Silver | 6mt | “Juice”
10 Posts
Welcome dude, let me just say though, you don’t know no potholes until you drive in Detroit 🤣

·
Registered
4 Posts
It looks SICK!! Its so funny--our Jukes look opposite to each other! I'm getting mine raised and has internal lighting and such, and yours has been lowered and has all sorts of cool external changes!! Can I see the whole car??? What state are you in???? I'll show you my new upgraded interiors!
Also--how did you have your fenders removed???
Thank you!! and I just added underglow two days ago so it looks even more different. and funny thing is I didnt mean to remove the fender flares they fell off on the highway but I just added them back on as well lol. And here's how it looks now
background.jpg

·
Registered
293 Posts
Hey! welcome to the forum. I did not get properly tagged in this, haha
lne937 has more experience with the Bilstein shocks, but I will say that the stock Juke struts have about 5 inches of travel in the front, and the Silvers coilovers are a little less than 6 inches. Although the stock struts are engineered and tuned better to the weight of the Juke to ride smoother and they probably take better advantage of the travel than the coilovers. My experience has been it is a pain to get the spring rate right and my coilovers are still on the stiff side and I definitely know that I have some shock travel that is not getting adequately used.

I would say the Bilsteins are a good choice and paired with a Tema 4x4 40mm lift kit should bring you up at least 2" if not more

1 - 16 of 16 Posts